Please Help ! Please Read This ! A lot more Questions!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huzaifa b arab

GetUserTitle()
Hello , :? :eek: :) :D :lol:
I have many questions to be answered,
1> i have an IBM Netvista pc with AMD Duron 650 Mhz , 3dNow! With 64 kb of L1 & 128 kb of L2
Cache . It has 128 mb of RAM and has an onboard S3 Savage4 PRO 8 MB AGP Graphics Card. My PC
is booted up with MS Windows 98 SE on two Quantum fireball 5 gb harddisks which in total offer 10 gb space.

Q1: I play the game max payne (V 1.0) , when max is enclosed in any building, the game runs
fine but as soon as i approach any window or door which shows the outside envioronment ,
what i see is just Max and the last back ground of the arena i.e featuring the city buildings.
i have tried each and every setting of graphic display and increased the RAM to 192 Mb But
no go. I Borrowed my friends nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 32 Mb (without T&l), and the game worked fine.Though
my graphics card supports the game (as GIVEN in help file) is their still a problem with it.
For the time being i look down see and walk diagonally, to see the envuioronment.I have even
installed DX V 9.0 Beta and Configured it.I also found out that it is not digitally signed
and if i disable direct draw acceleration, the game demands for a DX 8 compatible card. What Might be the Problem?
Please offer a solution.

Q2: Is There any way to increase the cache memory?If yes , what is the cost?

Q3: I have opened up my cabinet, i found written on my motherboard chip "VIA",is there any
way to know the Model No. of my "Via" MotherBoard.

Q4: How can i Know whether my AGP is 1x or 2x or 4x.

Q5: My computer when is displays the bios i press f1 . the BIOS does not have many functions which a common
BIOS has.Was it a BIOS or some thing else.Also Why my BIOS starts with F1 instead of delete.

Q6:How Can i Remove the IBM starting screen which is displayed each time i start my PC.
Once while pressing keys during bootup , i for the first time i saw the Energy Star logo on
my PC. Which key was it?

Q7:Can i over clock my CPU without any BIOS Function (as it has none)?

Q8:Where can I Get an Over clocking utility for my GPU.Where can i
Update its Drivers .

Q9:Where can i get the latest Drivers for my motherboard?

Q10:Is it good to run a Pc on an invertor?If Yes, Does it damage its components If no ,WHY?

Q11:I have an epson Stylus Color 480 InkJET Printer.i use refilled cartridges for it . for years it worked fine but now the
prints have little lines left making the print unclear. i tried a nozzle check but no significant change. Please help!

Q12: HOw to know whether my RAM is SD Or DDR. IF MY RAM Speed Is 100 MHz.

Q14: Hard Disk Problem : I have two Quantum Fireball HDDS (5 GB each) when i try to defragment the HDDS it takes ages to do
it and after a long time it shows a message that the HDD's have bad sectors in it . What can i do. I have a bad sector
remover but i dont know how to use it.

Q15: I have a sound max digital audio sound card (without duplex function) and i have Winamp 5.08c.
The problem is that when i play music after some time the sound becomes scratchy and distorted. It even fast forwardes the
track and starts with a new track after wards. How ever this can be removed for a while by fast forwarding the track for
about 5-10 sec. But the problem persists. Please Help!

geek_rohit

In the zone
lol :lol: Thats a good question bank. Lets answer them one by one.

Ans 1. Try reinstalling the graphics driver and update them.

Ans 2. No you can't increace the cache memory.

Ans 3. Yes. Get CPUZ. This utility can display the motherboard information. Get it from here *www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

Ans 4. Use a system information utility like SiSoft Sandra. Get it from here. *www.sisoftware.co.uk/

Ans 5. There are many BIOS versions like American Megatrends, Award BIOS, Pheonix, so it depends on the BIOS manufacturer. U can access the BIOS by a key which depends on the type of BIOS. Some have Del key some have F2, in your case F1.

Ans 6. Press the TAB key while the booting process.

And 7. Overclocking is a risky process. Do not overclock your CPU if you do not know much about overclocking. It also voids the warranty.

And 8. You have an onboard GPU, and it cannot be overclocked.

Ans 9. From the board manufacturer's website. Or use the VIA 4-in one drivers from the diGit CD.

Ans 10. Is is good idea to have power backup while running a computer. And there is no harm if u use invertor. And it does not damage the components. Inmfact it prevents from any damage during power failure.

Ans 11. Get it checked by the autorized dealers.

Ans 12. It is a SD-RAM. The DDR-RAM starts from 266MHz and besides the Duron's motherboard doesn't support the DDR.

Ans 13. You forgot to ask :lol:

Ans 14. A bad sector can't be removed with a software. Use Norton Speed Disk bundled with Norton SystemWorks for faster defrag.

Ans 15. Does this happen for all the songs or that particular song?

stalin

Journeyman
Q11
If you did'nt use the Printer for longtime you get this problem when using refill cartidges. Use Espon bundle software by given all the test prints. Espon never recommend for Refill cartidges.

Q14
Scan you HDD for Bad Sector, Use Partion Magic to create a seperate Partion for Bad Sector. Make that Partion Inactive. Once it is done defrag other partion. Now you HDD work fine.

Q15
I think the problem b'coz of Bad sector in you HDD Better Defrag you HDD fully so it may help you.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
huzaifa b arab said:
Hello , :? :eek: :) :D :lol:
I have many questions to be answered,
1> i have an IBM Netvista pc with AMD Duron 650 Mhz , 3dNow! With 64 kb of L1 & 128 kb of L2
Cache . It has 128 mb of RAM and has an onboard S3 Savage4 PRO 8 MB AGP Graphics Card. My PC
is booted up with MS Windows 98 SE on two Quantum fireball 5 gb harddisks which in total offer 10 gb space.

Q1: I play the game max payne (V 1.0) , when max is enclosed in any building, the game runs
fine but as soon as i approach any window or door which shows the outside envioronment ,
what i see is just Max and the last back ground of the arena i.e featuring the city buildings.
i have tried each and every setting of graphic display and increased the RAM to 192 Mb But
no go. I Borrowed my friends nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 32 Mb (without T&l), and the game worked fine.Though
my graphics card supports the game (as GIVEN in help file) is their still a problem with it.
For the time being i look down see and walk diagonally, to see the envuioronment.I have even
installed DX V 9.0 Beta and Configured it.I also found out that it is not digitally signed
and if i disable direct draw acceleration, the game demands for a DX 8 compatible card. What Might be the Problem?
Please offer a solution.

Reinstall the Drivers and DX also use DX9.0C if possible

huzaifa b arab said:
Q2: Is There any way to increase the cache memory?If yes , what is the cost?

Oh ya u can change the Processer :lol: :lol:

huzaifa b arab said:
Q3: I have opened up my cabinet, i found written on my motherboard chip "VIA",is there any
way to know the Model No. of my "Via" MotherBoard.

Number 1 VIA is a CHIPSET and can be used on any motherboard! :shock: yes use Fresh Diagnose

huzaifa b arab said:
Q4: How can i Know whether my AGP is 1x or 2x or 4x.

using the above s/w u can know that also.

huzaifa b arab said:
Q5: My computer when is displays the bios i press f1 . the BIOS does not have many functions which a common
BIOS has.Was it a BIOS or some thing else.Also Why my BIOS starts with F1 instead of delete.
well it depends on the BIOS u use.. there is no harm if it starts with F1 Key :) its either DEL or F1

huzaifa b arab said:
Q6:How Can i Remove the IBM starting screen which is displayed each time i start my PC.
Once while pressing keys during bootup , i for the first time i saw the Energy Star logo on
my PC. Which key was it?

Why do u need to remove that :shock: i dont think its possible and yes press ESC key it will take u to the POST screen :)

huzaifa b arab said:
Q7:Can i over clock my CPU without any BIOS Function (as it has none)?
No you cant.and i dont think u can OC ur CPU model..

huzaifa b arab said:
Q8:Where can I Get an Over clocking utility for my GPU.Where can i
Update its Drivers .
You cant OC a OnBoard GFX controller :)

huzaifa b arab said:
Q9:Where can i get the latest Drivers for my motherboard?
From the mobo manufacture site :) to know which mobo use the s/w i said in Q3

huzaifa b arab said:
Q10:Is it good to run a Pc on an invertor?If Yes, Does it damage its components If no ,WHY?
Invertor??well yes its gud actually :) no harm invertor is nuthin but a UPS which gives more backup time

huzaifa b arab said:
Q11:I have an epson Stylus Color 480 InkJET Printer.i use refilled cartridges for it . for years it worked fine but now the
prints have little lines left making the print unclear. i tried a nozzle check but no significant change. Please help!
get it serviced else sell it and get a new one :)

huzaifa b arab said:
Q12: HOw to know whether my RAM is SD Or DDR. IF MY RAM Speed Is 100 MHz.
i suppose 100 Mhz is only SDRAM u dont get such low speed DDR's :)
Also the SD ram will have only one notch to get fixed on the mobo while the DDR has 2 :)

huzaifa b arab said:
Q14: Hard Disk Problem : I have two Quantum Fireball HDDS (5 GB each) when i try to defragment the HDDS it takes ages to do
it and after a long time it shows a message that the HDD's have bad sectors in it . What can i do. I have a bad sector
remover but i dont know how to use it.

You cant remove a bad sector :( so any data in that sector will have probs in readin and writing :( try dumpin and gettin a newer one..

huzaifa b arab said:
Q15: I have a sound max digital audio sound card (without duplex function) and i have Winamp 5.08c.
The problem is that when i play music after some time the sound becomes scratchy and distorted. It even fast forwardes the
track and starts with a new track after wards. How ever this can be removed for a while by fast forwarding the track for
about 5-10 sec. But the problem persists. Please Help!

hmm no idea i suppose the song files could be corrupted try running them in Windows Media Player or Real Player.

overall seeing your problems in the two threads i suppose ur in a hell lotta sh!t :( better throw these rigs and get newer better one's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom