Please help!! .. Need to purchase a laptop urgently ..

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Have changed my mind .... have decided to go for a 3rd gen i5. Cuz I think it'll be more future proof, ya? :|

Want to go for NP300E5X-A01IN .. but i have 2 questions. Lenovo G580 is the second option because of its weight.

1. Is its build quality better than the lenovo g580? Read somewhere that the keyboard is too plasticky .. and the spacebar is weak.

2. Is its screen/display better than lenovo g580's?

I am purchasing it on this Wednesday .. so please give your replies before that..

lenovo has good looks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. Is its build quality better than the lenovo g580? Read somewhere that the keyboard is too plasticky .. and the spacebar is weak.

better gets a hands on. have used old Samsung laptops not new ones.

2. Is its screen/display better than lenovo g580's?

this is a tricky one. all laptop manufacturer (even Samsung) uses screen from its own subsidiary as well as other screen manufacturers (LG, CMO, AU, etc). But matte display = less bright. this is true for all laptops so if you can get a hands on, check what is the maximum brightness.

OP
V

vishal12

Broken In
Purchased NP300E5X-A01IN today @ 34k including backpack. It's good for the price bracket but no usb3.0 and the mouse pad is not so comfortable to use.
The dealer told me that there is a 2 year warranty till 31st of August when registered. Anyone of you people know about this or the dealer just lied to me? :( I am not able to register till now.. :(

I thought 2 years warranty for a core i5 3rd gen lappi @ 34 k is a good deal. Or i had the option to go for Lenovo G580 at 33k :(

Please guys .. tell me if there is such an offer going on ..

Thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AFAIK, samsung offers 2yr (1yr extra) warranty on all laptop and there is no specific deadline. check flipkart they have given the proper steps to claim warranty. BTW congrats and waiting a few pics :)

OP
V

vishal12

Broken In
thanks Sam .. will upload them soon :).. but I didn't get the link for the warranty page on flipkart for that laptop. Can u plz give me the link if you know?

OP
V

vishal12

Broken In
Thanks RON28. Have registered my NP300E5X-A01IN for 1 year additional warranty.

P6010453.jpg

Installed Win 7 Ultimate .. worked on it all night .. Really silent .. Stays really cool .. My ideapad y560 also runs cool, but this one stays cooler..

P6010454.jpgP6010455.jpg

Well spaced keys .. good build quality.. the keys on the trackpad are clicky though .. also the trackpad could have been better ..

P6010456.jpgP6010457.jpg

Scratch resistant surface ..

It has 3 usb 2.0 ports .. anti-reflective display is great ..

P6010463.jpgP6010467.jpg

If you can live without usb3.0 ..overall at 34k including backpack ..and 2 years warranty .. it's a good option against lenovo g580. I don't know if g580 comes with 2 years warranty or not ..but g580 is available @ 33k in the local markets.

The samsung NP300E5X-A01IN is lighter than g580.

Thanks a lot - to this forum :)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Thanks RON28. Have registered my NP300E5X-A01IN for 1 year additional warranty.

View attachment 6694

Installed Win 7 Ultimate .. worked on it all night .. Really silent .. Stays really cool .. My ideapad y560 also runs cool, but this one stays cooler..

View attachment 6695View attachment 6696

Well spaced keys .. good build quality.. the keys on the trackpad are clicky though .. also the trackpad could have been better ..

View attachment 6697View attachment 6698

Scratch resistant surface ..

It has 3 usb 2.0 ports .. anti-reflective display is great ..

View attachment 6699View attachment 6700

If you can live without usb3.0 ..overall at 34k including backpack ..and 2 years warranty .. it's a good option against lenovo g580. I don't know if g580 comes with 2 years warranty or not ..but g580 is available @ 33k in the local markets.

The samsung NP300E5X-A01IN is lighter than g580.

Thanks a lot - to this forum :)

congrats, nice looking laptop. samsung has ultrabook looks in all there laptops. enjoy with your new partner.

Top Bottom