Please Help my out

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunaltech

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

i formated my system and installed a fresh XP. now i am getting a strange error.
i am getting the below dialog box

c:\docume~1\MEHTA\LOCALS~1\TEMPSV~1.EXE
THE NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
C5:0578 IP:0283 OP:63 6F 6c 72 chose 'Close' to terminate the application
close ignore

please help me out and another problem is that some blue screen comes and it get restart automatically.

pls help me friends

thanks in advance

weftr100

Random Username
Even I had this problem previously. A dialog box will give two options :Close and Ignore. Clicking on ignore should make your program run fine. After I formated my C: drive and reinstalled Xp, I stopped getting this message.

About the blue screen....when does it appear? If it appears randomly, it can probably be an overheating problem.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
after installing windows did you install the drivers, more importantly did you install the chipset driver then restart the system? when you formatted did you have any non-essentials plugged into the system, Ethernet, exra USB devices (camera, printer etc). was it a full format or a quick format... I would suggest the full format if you have not already done so. Just a quick question why did you format to begin with?

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
Liggy said:
after installing windows did you install the drivers, more importantly did you install the chipset driver then restart the system? when you formatted did you have any non-essentials plugged into the system, Ethernet, exra USB devices (camera, printer etc). was it a full format or a quick format... I would suggest the full format if you have not already done so. Just a quick question why did you format to begin with?

After installing windows XP i straight away install all the graphics and audio drivers and then ethernet drivers. ethernet was their when formatted and i have done full format.

weftr100 said:
Even I had this problem previously. A dialog box will give two options :Close and Ignore. Clicking on ignore should make your program run fine. After I formated my C: drive and reinstalled Xp, I stopped getting this message.

About the blue screen....when does it appear? If it appears randomly, it can probably be an overheating problem.

No it dont appears randomly

Last edited:

shashank4u

Youngling
you have got virus or spyware ...the virus if present in the other drives can also cause harm sometimes ...in rare cases
and have you formatted your complete system ?
this link might help you
*www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html

Liggy

you said you installed graphics and sound (drivers), but if you don't install Chipset that is where a lot of issues come from. and if you have your ethernet unplugged while doing the format and reinstall you should not have to worry about virus. full format you are wiping the whole disk right, not just a single partition. yes, no, maybe so....???, assumming u have XP sp2 disk try running sfc /scannow.

Last edited:
OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
Liggy said:
you said you installed graphics and sound (drivers), but if you don't install Chipset that is where a lot of issues come from. and if you have your ethernet unplugged while doing the format and reinstall you should not have to worry about virus. full format you are wiping the whole disk right, not just a single partition. yes, no, maybe so....???, assumming u have XP sp2 disk try running sfc /scannow.

what chipset you are talking about? can you tell what is this chipset.
i have xp2 only
i have formatted only c drive and i dont have any virus in my system.

Last edited:

Liggy

kunaltech said:
what chipset you are talking about? can you tell what is this chipset.
i have xp2 only
i have formatted only c drive and i dont have any virus in my system.

Well then this is probably the issue. the chipset is basically a driver for your motherboard, and needs to be installed 1st. so that when u install othe drivers the PC will function correctly. it is specifically made for the mobo. u need to know the exact mobo you have. is your computer a name brand , like a dell, if so you should be able to go to their homepage and download the chipset. if your PC is homebuilt you should of had a disk that came with the mobo. if you open up the PC there should be a serial number on the board and you need to to know the make, sometimes you might get lucky and see a sticker that says (example) Intel 865g or something simillar. open the case and see if you have a sticker located on the printer port (pink connection), if so this should narrow it down for you.
* try to get CPU-z (program) click mainboard tab and it should tell you your chipset, then see if there is an updated driver.

Last edited:
OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
Liggy said:
Well then this is probably the issue. the chipset is basically a driver for your motherboard, and needs to be installed 1st. so that when u install othe drivers the PC will function correctly. it is specifically made for the mobo. u need to know the exact mobo you have. is your computer a name brand , like a dell, if so you should be able to go to their homepage and download the chipset. if your PC is homebuilt you should of had a disk that came with the mobo. if you open up the PC there should be a serial number on the board and you need to to know the make, sometimes you might get lucky and see a sticker that says (example) Intel 865g or something simillar. open the case and see if you have a sticker located on the printer port (pink connection), if so this should narrow it down for you.
* try to get CPU-z (program) click mainboard tab and it should tell you your chipset, then see if there is an updated driver.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. i will keep this in my mind and suddenly the dialogue box has disappeared

Liggy

did u try cpuz to find the correct chipset? there may also be a firmware upgrade for the mobo that might be need to install some of the newer drivers

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
Liggy said:
did u try cpuz to find the correct chipset? there may also be a firmware upgrade for the mobo that might be need to install some of the newer drivers

i had drivers in the CD which i have install.
but i will goto website and download the latest drivers for mobo and try installing that.

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
u need to install the chipset drivers before u install ne other drivers..

n the blue screen usually appears when there is a problem with the graphics drivers..
n for the graphics drivers to work properly chipset drivers must be installed....
that's why u r facing these kind of problems..

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
thadhanihemant said:
u need to install the chipset drivers before u install ne other drivers..

n the blue screen usually appears when there is a problem with the graphics drivers..
n for the graphics drivers to work properly chipset drivers must be installed....
that's why u r facing these kind of problems..

okie i have downloaded the latest support from the websit and i have also update my BIOS.

is it necessary to keep update BIOS along with CHIPSET

Liggy

It is best to keep things like that up to date, cuz when you download updates through MS, the MS updates are going to assume your system has latest drivers.... I am waiting for a reply from Vishal Gupta about a question pertaining to BIOS & Chipset updates to clarify .

devauniversal

Tech Savvy
kunaltech said:
Hello Friends,

i formated my system and installed a fresh XP. now i am getting a strange error.
i am getting the below dialog box

c:\docume~1\MEHTA\LOCALS~1\TEMPSV~1.EXE
THE NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
C5:0578 IP:0283 OP:63 6F 6c 72 chose 'Close' to terminate the application
close ignore

please help me out and another problem is that some blue screen comes and it get restart automatically.

pls help me friends

thanks in advance

its very simple buddy , dont fight with your operating system , try to change your RAM. i dont know whats the exact reson for the exe problem. But for sure the memory dump problem which throws the blue screen s due to the RAM error. Better try to change the RAM with any of your friends and check it out... :) happy computing

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
devauniversal said:

its very simple buddy , dont fight with your operating system , try to change your RAM. i dont know whats the exact reson for the exe problem. But for sure the memory dump problem which throws the blue screen s due to the RAM error. Better try to change the RAM with any of your friends and check it out... :) happy computing

thanks a lot as of now none of problems are coming i suppose its solved.
now their some dialogue box coming regarding genuine Windows XP. how can i diable that pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom