please help me install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

pythoran

Right off the assembly line
hello

thank you very much for this forum

i get a big problem with my laptop nc6320 it was under xp when i baught it but know i'm under linux so i have formated all the partitions in order to install ubuntu but now want to install windows when i boot with the cd it says that windows didn't detect anu hard disc in the computer what shall i do

please help i really need that

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
hello

thank you very much for this forum

i get a big problem with my laptop nc6320 it was under xp when i baught it but know i'm under linux so i have formated all the partitions in order to install ubuntu but now want to install windows when i boot with the cd it says that windows didn't detect anu hard disc in the computer what shall i do

please help i really need that

I think you have SATA HDDs in your laptop and Windows XP SP2 simply does not have the required drivers present in the installer CD. The ultimate solution is by using OEM Windows XP CD which comes with your system, which usually has built-in appropriate driver for SATA harddisks running in AHCI mode.

But in any case, if you do not have the Windows XP OEM CD, a slightly more difficult but recommended method is to create a slipstreamed XP install disc with the Intel Matrix Storage Manager which is also the AHCI SATA Controller driver included. A slipstreamed XP setup CD with AHCI SATA controller driver allows the XP OS to support hard disk on AHCI and use its advanced features such as NCQ for faster access, read and write speed. While slipstreaming, users can also have the advantage to include all updates for Windows XP for up-to-date patched OS, without the need to download and install hotfixes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom