please help .. i3 vs i5 confusion

xpert007

Broken In
please tell what is the difference between i3 and i5 with respect to gaming performance. I am very tight on my budget upto38k-39k I will use laptop mainly for cllg purpose with little bit of gaming ,the laptop shuud be such that it would be able to play cod mw3;black oops2 , NFS ,bf3;crysis 2 in low to medium setttings, plus I will also be using lappy for simulations purpose( this purpose I think need graphic card) so shud I opt for 2nd gen. i3 with nvidia 630m 2gb or 2nd or3rd gen i5 with 1gb 610m . I had read somewhere that i3 has turboboost off but for graphic purpose it is on,, is this true?what is the advantage of turboboost in i5 and will i3 with gud gpu serve all my purpose including gaming...please reply soon.

rock2702

Padawan
Go with the i3 rig,it has a better gpu.There is quite a bit difference between i3 and i5 in gaming but i guess it wont matter to you.i3 has hyperthreading while the i5 has turbo boost

OP
X

xpert007

Broken In
please tell what is the use of gpu in gaming ,out of 100% how much does gpu alone contribute what will be difference if one uses 630m 2gb and 610m 2gb with all other specs same in playing a game say cod mw3 where will the difference be noticed ,also what advantage has i5 over i3 in terms of gaming performance if I use i5 2.5 -3.0ghz and core i3 2.4ghz while playung a game where will I. may notice a difference..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as far as laptops are concerned for gaming the main factor is graphics card.i would say gpu contribution is almost 75% in case of gaming laptop.

Top Bottom