Please help choose DSLR, bit urgent

v2kisad

Broken In
Hi All,

Need some help in choosing which DSLR to buy.

What's your budget?
500 -600 pounds

Camera type?
DSLR

Body Style?
No Idea

How much zoom do you want/expect?
I would like a bigger zoom.

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Yes, I'm upgrading from a basic point and shoot camera and would like to learn and explore manual controls.

What will you be shooting with this camera?
I would like to shoot good pics on my trips to eupore or within UK.

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
Both but I guess mostly outdoors.

Video?
Yes, but not greatly important

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
Confused ,different people have suggested different models. I don't even know if I shouod narrow down to eithr Canon or Nikon, both have equal fans it seems.

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
Canon, Nikon thse are two names I have had people recoment so far

From where will you be buying?
Amazon.com or Local store in New York most likely today or tomorrow.

Any other features you need?
I would like n external flash beyon that I don't know what I should be looking for as extra features.

Anything else you would like to tell us?.
I'm a novice when it comes to photography and I know nothing about DSLR. I'm looking to learn and thats why I want to upgrade from my old point and shoot to a DSLR. Also I would like to buy new models and not older ones.Also I want the camera to last me for a few years and not look for a upgrade soon.

Thanks.

sujoyp

Grand Master
you want to spend 500 pounds in Newyork ...strange :D

Either tell us the budget in INR or tell us the budget in dollers so you can get from Amazon .com

OP
v2kisad

v2kisad

Broken In
Lol ,my bad, I stay in London but I have someone coming over from US . So I'm trying to order from amazon.com today or get it off a local store on saturday. I guess my budget is 50-60 K INR . The thing is that in the last couple of days i have received so much advice that i'm very confused.

I am newbie who will be learning pretty much how to use a dslr, I don't mind saving a bit if i can or if needed spend a bit more. I just don't want to buy something very basic and then a year or two later start thinking of an upgrade.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You're in hurry. Most likely you will get confused even more... :)
Pentax K50 with WR kit lens for 450USD seems like a good deal. (hsr would love to take this deal) :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
SO by current rate 600 pounds means 978 USD

huff soo many choice in Amazon.com

here is the link of what you should get
*www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-Digital-18-55mm-Lens/dp/B00BW6LWO4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1411671259&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+700d
Price is 898$ and you get a canon 700D+18-55stm + 55-250 stm

for 70$ get a yougnuo 560-III Amazon.com : Yongnuo Professional Flash Speedlight Flashlight Yongnuo YN 560 III for Canon Nikon Pentax Olympus Camera / Such as: Canon EOS 1Ds Mark, EOS1D Mark, EOS 5D Mark, EOS 7D, EOS 60D, EOS 600D, EOS 550D, EOS 500D, EOS 1100D : On Camera Shoe M

OP
v2kisad

v2kisad

Broken In
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] unfortunately I am as I want to get it from US, its going to more expensive in UK. And yes I'm confused :) . Have had people in suggest varying models ranging fro canon 7D,Nikon 5300, Canon 60D . I fear either i might end up ordering something in haste or not buying (i hope not)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] , looks a very sweet deal. Noob question , will the external flash make much difference or the builtin flash is good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My dear friends is it worth spending a bit more and getting Canon EOS 70D or Canon EOS 7D

Amazon.com : Canon EOS 70D 20.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF Full HD 1080p Video with Movie and EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM with Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Image Stabilizer Telephoto Zoom Lens + 58mm 2x Professional Lens + High

Amazon.com : Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm IS II Lens and Canon EF 75-300mm III Lens + 16GB Green's Camera Package : Electronics

- - - Updated - - -

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Don't go for the bundled offers. I highly doubt the quality of those add-ons.

It's better hold the idea and buy around christmas time. By then, you will be more informed and know what you can expect from a DSLR.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u can wait till christmas/thanks giving then wail else yes spendin on 70d is better...external flash makes lot of difference in macro and indoor shots

Top Bottom