Please advise, Should I buy this Laptop

sdk

Broken In
Hey Guys, need your help, have to buy a laptop asap,
I am getting Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux) (NX.M8ESI.002) @ 31.5k, Is this a VFM????

Please guide whether it is a good deal or not....

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Sub 37-38k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
For study purposes, Preparing Spreadsheets, VBA and Macro related sheets,MS Office, Browsing, gaming at low/mid settings

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux) (NX.M8ESI.002)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No such prejudices

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Please advise whether the Acer laptop is a good option, suggestions are welcome.
Should I also consider HP Pavilion 15-e026AX with Quad Core A10 and 2GB Gpu @36k and G505s A8 Quad Core+2GB gpu@32k?

Pls reply guys, Need to know urgently
I will have to cancel the order for acer if its not appropriate

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This might be good as it can handle multi-tasking easily :Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs.39990 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Black Matte Textured Finish Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
@bavusani : Thanks a lot for the reply...
Can you pls tell that whether Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux) will be able to offer good performance,
And does Dell I53521 with 3rd gen I3 overpowers it?

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
Grid 2, NFS Shift, Run,etc at med-low settings, and maybe bf3 at low settings.

One more thing that I want to ask is that whether i54200U + 500GB HDD + 4GB RAM + ACER worth the 31.5k, is it VFM and does the ULV processor lacks a lot in processing capabilities.
Am I wrong if I compare it with 4200M - 10% performance?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Well, I wouldnt recommend getting something with Intel HD graphics if you are gonna play those games.. Since those games are quite graphics heavy, any laptop with a good GPU but inferior CPU will give much better performance compared to intel HD graphics..
And yes, a U series processor will have lower performance but slightly better battery life than M series..
I own an acer aspire v7 having i5 4200U and pretty similar specs.. Gaming is pretty terrible on it, I can run Darksiders 2, Arkham City and other low requirement games pretty fine but forget about newer gpu heavy games..

$hadow

Geek in making
Well said Nerevarine. OP you should see the fact he stated and better get something which has a better gpu coz the games you stated will be requiring better gpu to run even at a mid setting.

Top Bottom