Please advice - service tax on phone bill?

Hello,
to all of you.
Firstly, I don't know Is it the right section to post this thread or not? If not, then please move it to its right section.Actually, I use some private company's Wire line telephone connection for broadband, I just got the bill of May-2015, and it has levied the service tax @14% instead of 12.36% that was previous, I want to know Is it ok? to impose the new service tax on the service that I used in the month of May, 2015, because as per I know the new service tax has started in the month of June, 2015.So please advice.Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Service tax @ 14% has been effective from 1st June itself. By the damn govt of India.

I've told all my clients to charge service tax @ 14%

I'm a CA

- - - Updated - - -

Service tax is imposed on the date the bill has made.

If only the bill hasn't been made then according to POT Rules service tax shall be charged @12.36

there a lot to tell you to enable you to understand but

its gonna be useless and it won't change a think except knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

According to rules if bill is issued within 30 days of provision of service then the date of which tax shall be taken which will be earlier

so if you had paid them in advance then tax@12.36 shall be applicable

but if you pay them after billing tax shall be charged on the date the bill is made i.e. your case@ 14%

now if the bill isn't made within 30 days of provision of service then the date when the service is given or the date when payment is made whichever is earlier shall be taken

so in both dates tax shall be @12.36 because service is provided in may so may tax shall be taken and payment before that shall also impose tax @12.36

my advice to all forum members......
make your bills of may after 30 days of provision of service to escape 14%

stupid swachh bharat cess.... Completely useless

- - - Updated - - -

According to rules if bill is issued within 30 days of provision of service then the date of which tax shall be taken which will be earlier

but if you pay them after billing tax shall be charged on the date the bill is made i.e. your case@ 14%

now if the bill isn't made within 30 days of provision of service then the date when the service is given or the date when payment is made whichever is earlier shall be taken

so in both dates tax shall be @12.36 because service is provided in may so may tax shall be taken and payment before that shall also impose tax @12.36

- - - Updated - - -

@MODS help double posting I'm not able to fix please help

thanks

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Service tax @ 14% has been effective from 1st June itself. By the damn govt of India.

I've told all my clients to charge service tax @ 14%

I'm a CA

- - - Updated - - -

Service tax is imposed on the date the bill has made.

If only the bill hasn't been made then according to POT Rules service tax shall be charged @12.36

there a lot to tell you to enable you to understand but

its gonna be useless and it won't change a think except knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

thanks

Hello,
Thank you for not only giving the answer but also giving this lot of info, so according to this, I have used services in the month of May, 2015, and the bill date is from 1st May to 31st May, and the invoice date is 1st June, and I received the bill after some days, so I have to pay 14% service tax.Is it ok?.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Top Bottom