Planning to purchase a new mobile; Budget : 18000/-

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
Hi digitians,

I am planning to purchase a new mobile, budget is 18k. I want to buy from reputed brand and not go with Indian brand. My primary requirements are: Superb camera with good low light performance, good signal reception, good battery and lagless operation. Currently, I am considering Grand II, S4 mini , Lumia 720 and LG L90 as my options.

I have filled the questionnaire for further advice:
1. Budget? 18k - 20k
2. Display type and size? AMOLED is preferred, but any good display with decent sunlight legibity will do. Also screen should not huge, upto 5.2" is acceptable.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar, obviously
4. Preferred choice of brand? All reputed brand
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. This is my most important criteria. The cam should be atleast 8 Mp with autofocus, good low light performance, image stabilization
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android , Windows 8.1
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. All possible connectivity
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Good GPS antenna is a must
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Camera, Calls, Internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Grand II, S4 mini Lumia 720 and LG L90
12. Any other info that you want to share

Requirement 1: Superb camera with good low light performance,
Requirement 2: Good signal reception,
Requirement 3: Good battery and
Requirement 4: Lagless operation

I would have gone for Nokia Lumia 720 if, it had 1 GB ram, I have read that many of the simple games such as Temple Run doesn't work properly.

I am planning to make the purchase in next 1 week. I can also wait for couple of months in there is a likely price drop for any suitable mobile.

I will not buy without proper warranty so no ebay links please.

Please help me with your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
I'd say wait for a couple of months for L 720 upgrade, L 730 is expected to launch with better specs. Even i was looking to buy the 720, but the 630 and 930 launch means we'll get the 730 soon enough.

For android you can look at Sony Xperia SP as well, viewing angles are not that great but a good overall phone with Kitkat update coming soon

kundalus

Broken In
N4 was listed on ebay.in at 16k + 1k shipping but without official warranty. Will post the item number if m able to find it.

OP
shivkumar

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
[MENTION=84999]kundalus[/MENTION] & [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] : Not interested in mobile without manufacturer warranty.

Can anyone tell me about Lumia 720, whether 512 MB ram is sufficient for playing simple games....

[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] : How is camera performance of L90. Any user of LG L90. please comment and help me...

Last edited:
[MENTION=84999]kundalus[/MENTION] & [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] : Not interested in mobile without manufacturer warranty.

Can anyone tell me about Lumia 720, whether 512 MB ram is sufficient for playing simple games....

[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] : How is camera performance of L90. Any user of LG L90. please comment and help me...

Reviews show l90 is average

Get xperia sp quickly @flipkart for only 17k now!!!

OP
shivkumar

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
[MENTION=154929]arnabbiswasalsodeep[/MENTION]: I used photo compare tool of GSM arena to compare the photos of Xperia SP with S4 min and Lumia 720 *www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=3&idPhone1=5364&idPhone2=5375&idPhone3=5321 . Xperia SP is way inferior to Lumia 720 and appreciably softer with compared to S4 mini. However, the natural color reproduction is good. The overprocessing and softness of the image doesn't look impressive also it has lot of chroma noise which difficult to post process. I am not impressed with the camera. Rest of the spec / benchmarks looks really impressive for its budget. I plan to go to reliance digital tomorrow and will evaluate their cameras. Will definitely evaluate Xperia SP to see whether any software update has made difference in camera performance.
Thanks for your reply.

Any other mobile to consider ???? what about Gionee mobiles ??? do they have good camera ??? is the build quality and software optimization good in them ???

Well it can be inferior at color saturation (my cousin sis' xperia p does so)
But its processor can still beat the others
Antutu
Sp-19500
L90-13500

I guess software update will help a lot

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

yeah i myself have a lumia 720 and an 820
720 has better low light performance but 820 has more ram,better camera overall but 720 is better in lowlight and 820 has amoled
id go for an 820 or 720, no other android phone camera will ever come close to the downscaled pureview sensor used in the lumia series(720 and up, except 1320)
512mb ram is sufficient
i myself play asphalt 8 and gta sa off my 32gb class 4 sd card and can take excellent photos--something no android phone can beat(my other phones a nexus 5 , great phone but camera is ok-ok compared to 720s)
L90 , s4 mini and the xperia dont even come close in terms of photos etc

Top Bottom