Planning to buy new home PC, Budget 25k.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Normal office work, basic 3-D modelling (Solidworks), browsing and casual gaming which doesn't require much of GPU power

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
Looking to spend around 20k (without monitor) to 25 k (with monitor). Budget is not a constraint but I feel my need will be served with a simple system

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
No. I want a stable system, no tinkering business for me.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
Windows 7 / 10 & Ubuntu (dual boot)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
I have an new 1 TB HDD and will reuse the same as backup drive, so i need suggestion for good HDD (1TB - 2TB).

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
Planning to sell my existing system. based on the deal, I may need a monitor. Monitor size should be not bigger than 20 inch. If I get full HD resolution then much better.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
UPS and speaker

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
Within next 10 - 15 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
I can assemble, but prefer it done at shop.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
I live in COCHIN, kerala. and I plan to buy locally.
Also request for suggestion for good reliable shop.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
I want to use computer for next 7-8 years, however don't go into discussion of future proofing.
I don't want AMD processor, my experience has never been good with AMD.
I am thinking of configuration as follows:

PRocessor: Intel i3 5th generation (specifics required)
Mobo: Need suggestion whether to go with Intel mobo or some other brand.(My requirement is long life and not features)
HDD: 1 TB - 2 TB (suggest suitable models)
RAM: 4GB x 2 (brand, speed etc)
GPU: BAsic GPU will be sufficient, tell me some models.
Cabinet & PSU: Need suggestions. I had a Zebronics cabinet with integrated PSU purchased in 2008 which is working very well till now, should I again buy Zebronics or some other brand.
Optical Drive: ?????
Keyboard & Mouse: Simple Logitech Combo set
Monitor: Max 20''. Give suggestions

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 30k

ProcessorIntel Core i3 4150
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S1
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz
Power Supply
Antec VP450P
CabinetZebronics SPY II
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W
MonitorDell E2014H 20" LED
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total29,800

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
For Keralites in case of local purchase, it is unlikely you will be able to source all components and if available may have to shell out a much higher price. I am speaking from my experience in northern Kerala may be it is better in Kochi.

However you could always try. If things do not work out go for sourcing components online. Service will not be a problem in Kochi for almost any brand.

OP
shivkumar

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION], [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION], [MENTION=139416]sling-shot[/MENTION] Thanks for info.

Please suggest any alternate mobo as well so that I can keep some options while discussing at shop .

Any suggestions for gpu. Something basic is sufficient.

Additionally please suggest a decent full he screen.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=8628]shivkumar[/MENTION],

Based on your requirement, I think no need to go with Intel i5 series. The normal CPU will fulfill your requirements.

Example:

Intel G-3258 CPU

For the motherboard, I’d suggest you to go with the latest MOBO because It helps you to upgrade the system anytime.

Example:

In the future you want to add the GPU, RAM or other card in system, If you have the latest MOBO that means in the future, you can add-on a second GPU card or RAM for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO.

Hope this information helps.

Top Bottom