Pink screen no display

bubusam13

Human
Hi, my PC was running normally, then all of sudden I got Pink Screen. And after restart there was no display. This was my first experience, hence Googled it and found it may be some issue with Graphics Card overheating. I cleaned my card with Iso-Propyl alcohol and put a new layer of thermal paste. But still no display. Can anyone throw some light on it ? Is the graphics card faulty.
If yes can it be repaired as the current prices of GC are too high?

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
I did that. My monitor is working file when connected to my laptop. I tried with two HDMI cables in two different ports.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Then it looks like GPU issue. So you are not even able to get to BIOS screen? If yes, then the GPU is gone. If no, then this could be a driver issue and you can go to Safe mode to remove the old driver completely and install new driver.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
No BIOS screes as well. Seems my GPU is dead. GPU prices are insane right now. Dont know which one to get.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
if you just need to get display then go with whatever cheapest GPU available and make do with it for at least 1 year. Prices are not coming down sooner for sure.
But if you need card for some heavy work, then you need to max out your budget, even then I am not sure how good it would be for you.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Hi Everyone, thanks for your suggestions. I realized, if the repair does not work, even GTX1650 will bottleneck my very old CPU, FX6300.

So I ordered Ryzen 5700G, B450 mini-itx, and 32GB 3600MHz RAM.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Everyone, thanks for your suggestions. I realized, if the repair does not work, even GTX1650 will bottleneck my very old CPU, FX6300.

So I ordered Ryzen 5700G, B450 mini-itx, and 32GB 3600MHz RAM.

check the motherboard import date .. you may need a bios update ( some shops do this free of cost ) or else get a B550 motherboard.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
GPU(s) can be repaired but it depends upon the component failure. And its not suggested as the technician will give max 1 or 3 months warranty on the repair. I had a GTX960 laptop imported from US long time back and the GPU was dead after one year, referred it to 3~4 different technicians. But they couldn't repair it as the GPU was integrated with the same PCB of the motherboard :( Henceforth decided not buy laptops with integrated GPU. Been using my Azom laptop from last 4 yrs and still going strong :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom