Votes: 3 100.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ne1 tried the beta of phpbb3 codenamed olympus???? ..... i love it .... it is much better than phpbb2

Pathik

Google Bot
get it here....
*www.jackal-tech.co.uk/filedump/phpBB-3.0.B1.zip
m installing it rite now...
@ mav gimme ur site forum addy

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
pathiks said:
get it here....
*www.jackal-tech.co.uk/filedump/phpBB-3.0.B1.zip
m installing it rite now...
@ mav gimme ur site forum addy
my current site is not using phpbb 3 because i am still trying to figure out the features and also it is only a beta .... however i am using phpbb2 .... *manan.co.nr/forum
knight17 said:
Any demo or features list available..any links...
I love phpBB
*manan.co.nr/olympus

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
imzeeshan said:
Recently came across a forum for engineers, me thinks it is phpbb3.
the website is www.techbirbal.com.

Good name for a website though.
yes it is phpbb 3

knight17

In the zone
I read its review on a good blog...but from that I am of opinion that phpBB is now a bloat...
As it is adding features after 4 years...
There are some useless features like showing search engine spiders in the users present section while the googlebot is crawling and like that...

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
knight17 said:
I read its review on a good blog...but from that I am of opinion that phpBB is now a bloat...
As it is adding features after 4 years...
There are some useless features like showing search engine spiders in the users present section while the googlebot is crawling and like that...
i am not sure whether u have ever set up a forum or not ..... the thing phpbb is not adding after 4 years it has constantly upgraded itself with 2.020 released a couple of months ago and there are professional phpbb coders who have coded features to phpbb from way back to version 2.0.6 and even before .... phpbb 3 is being developed by end users who use phpbb on their sites and are professinal coders

knight17

In the zone
mAV3 said:
i am not sure whether u have ever set up a forum or not ..... the thing phpbb is not adding after 4 years it has constantly upgraded itself with 2.020 released a couple of months ago and there are professional phpbb coders who have coded features to phpbb from way back to version 2.0.6 and even before .... phpbb 3 is being developed by end users who use phpbb on their sites and are professinal coders
No sir,you have misinterpreted me...phpBB is one of the best forum CMS around but I mentioned the 4 years is this time major improvements are being done.
All these years they have upgraded,i think they improved the security by releasing patches.

NO,i havent installed phpBB by myself but i have tried and admined it while experimenting....

Actually there are many better alternatives to phpBB in the Opensource world itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom