Photo gallery increases image size after edit

MarveL

Broken In
The latest version of Windows live photo gallery 2011 is an annoyance over the earlier version (2009). The huge ribbon UI and the thick windows 7 taskbar reduces workplace dramatically in a widescreen laptop with vertical resolution of 768 pixels. :cry:

What is causing me more trouble is if I edit (saturation/contrast increase, noise reduction, red eye removal) an image of about 2.5 mb, after the edit when the file is saved, the size increases to about 4-5 mb. why is it so? is it a bug? it never happened to me when I was using the 2009 version.

How can I save the file without increasing it's size that much?

yesterday I batch processed about 50 photos and increased their brightness a bit. before processing the images were around 80mb, after the batch processing they are 230 mb now, what a bloat :(

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ True and regarding ribbon UI, you can minimize the ribbons and add frequently used buttons to Quick Access Toolbar.

PS: Personally I also hate ribbons in Windows Live apps. Using Windows Live Mail wave 3.

Jon Snow

Right off the assembly line
Because it's saving to a higher quality format like bmp . Instead of just clicking Save try adjusting the save options to get the desired/original format back.

Top Bottom