Phones under 25,000

A

amit.tiger12

I have HTC desire 816 and want to buy another one.

What do you suggest?

One Pluse One
-- Because, everything you get at most affordable price range and don't have to worry about android updates. Cyanogen Team will give updates occasionally. But its invite based only.

Read these threads for One Pluse One
[Invite Sharing] One plus one will be finally available in India
One Plus One without official CyanogenMod OS

Nexus 5
-- You heard it right. You can still put your money on nexus 5. But below 25K you will get 16 GB version for sure on amazon, snapdeal, flipkart etc. If you wait till xmas, price might get dropped again and 32 GB version you can get.
It is really good deal. Nexus 5 is a worth a buy. You have seen when nexus 5 launched some users bought nexus 4. I don't think so an year old device you should buy, but nexus 5 will be there because nexus 6 does not pretend to be smartphone, its like phablet. Lollipop is only available for nexus and some moto devices.

LG G2
-- Nexus 5 is based on LG G2. Flagship device from LG. You can take a look at this device. You can buy 16 GB version as per your budget.

Moto X 2013
-- It was a good buy but not now. Do not go for old flagship. If you want to go for it then you can try.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Filling up the questionnaire would have been helpful.

I'm looking for all the latest features at that price.

- - - Updated - - -

One Pluse One
-- Because, everything you get at most affordable price range and don't have to worry about android updates. Cyanogen Team will give updates occasionally. But its invite based only.

Read these threads for One Pluse One
[Invite Sharing] One plus one will be finally available in India
One Plus One without official CyanogenMod OS

Why is this better than other renowned brands like htc, sony, etc ?

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It's not. People here buy Xiaomi proudly, what do you think?

Just use common sense.

PS: Forgot to add my recommendation actually. Go for Moto X 2014. It's over your budget though, but I think it's a decent choice. Or you can go for imported S5s which are selling on eBay for around 28k, no warranty of course.

A

amit.tiger12

I also found some good phones at that price.
But I suggested these cause they are popular. Sony, HTC are popular also, they are suggested on sites.
And popular phones gets more support from xda/devs. Why you should look for devs/xda support? anyone can answer you.
People are now concern more with android updates, they don't want to customize any thing and don't need any customized UI. Stock UI is simple, easy to use & understand. Like apple created it's own environment and services, Google wants everybody to use Google services and its apps.
There is lot more if you go in deep discussion, because you will see Samsung has its own app store, same for LG, Sony. Why you need all this? stick to what android gives you.
Creating its own UI causing delay in android updates and nowadays users wants fast, reliable and free services.

Why these moto smartphones are becoming so popular. Because software wise they are depend on Google and Google's ecosystem, updates, features add more value to this hardware company.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. People here buy Xiaomi proudly, what do you think?

Because people here, also worldwide, don't use brain. If on paper its quad core, that does not mean it will always gives buttery smooth user interface/fast ui. On some channel, CNBC Awaz, "Tech Guru" show, shows xiaomi is good and gives competition to moto e (even moto e hangs sometimes when you are searching for any app). But on flipkart people not getting good condition xiaomi phones (see the reviews).
Invitation, out of stocks in 6 sec all these are marketing strategies.
About one plus one, why they are not selling phone like other manufacturers?

Always check for full review, try to get hands on by visiting some stores (eg Vijay Sales). Specifications are important, but that shouldn't be your only measure to judge smartphone. Specs, UI, Screen, Camera, Battery, Sensors, Drop test and other tests, after sale service etc etc. Everything should be under scanner then go for it.

Cyanogen will not give updates to one plus one in India. See the news.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ If they start selling like other OEMs, the price will increase drastically and they don't have large enough production to meet the demand in markets like India where people rush to buy good hardware at cheaper prices and then start b*tching about it. Hardware wise Redmi 1s is way better than Moto E at a given price point. Load both of them with same ROM, Redmi 1s will out perform Moto E.

Everything under the scanner? Indian [strike]OEMs[/strike] rebranders like mircomax, karbonn, lava, etc would have to be shut down years ago, which had been a good thing :twisted:

ASS is the last thing one should care for when the device is good enough it won't need to get serviced most times.

A

amit.tiger12

^ If they start selling like other OEMs, the price will increase drastically and they don't have large enough production to meet the demand in markets like India where people rush to buy good hardware at cheaper prices and then start b*tching about it.

That's what people will definitely do, if they don't get. If I want the smartphone I should get that, why only few people? This is failure of that company that they are not producing up to demand. "Good things you get less and bad things you get more". Someone should change that.

Hardware wise Redmi 1s is way better than Moto E at a given price point. Load both of them with same ROM, Redmi 1s will out perform Moto E.

I never compared both devices. And both devices are good in their category.
About Rom and all, not every Indian know about this, so what goods come with mobile have to use with it. Rom and all is under developers support, if you know how to cook it then its good, but if you don't then you will ask on blog/xda. What if when there are few users of Redmi 1s?
This is what I mean to say, before buying smartphone you should consider. Not every mobile is 100% good in hardware/software there are some flaws. So choose it wisely.

Everything under the scanner? Indian [strike]OEMs[/strike] rebranders like mircomax, karbonn, lava, etc would have to be shut down years ago, which had been a good thing :twisted:

So, that's what I am talking about. And people/bloggers don't bother to give full stretched review for each smartphone other than specs sheet. You might watched in ad about "before buying policy compare it...." If you ignore them they have to improve, like moto.

ASS is the last thing one should care for when the device is good enough it won't need to get serviced most times.

Even if device is good enough on hardware wise but what happen when something by you side, it screen gets damaged after falling (now you cannot say that its not include in "good hardware"), water damage ? What you will do?

Minion

Conversation Architect
popular phones gets more support from xda/devs. Why you should look for devs/xda support? anyone can answer you.
People are now concern more with android updates, they don't want to customize any thing and don't need any customized UI. Stock UI is simple, easy to use & understand. Like apple created it's own environment and services, Google wants everybody to use Google services and its apps.
Why these moto smartphones are becoming so popular. Because software wise they are depend on Google and Google's ecosystem, updates, features add more value to this hardware company.

- - - Updated - - -

Because people here, also worldwide, don't use brain. If on paper its quad core, that does not mean it will always gives buttery smooth user interface/fast ui. On some channel, CNBC Awaz, "Tech Guru" show, shows xiaomi is good and gives competition to moto e (even moto e hangs sometimes when you are searching for any app). But on flipkart people not getting good condition xiaomi phones (see the reviews).
Invitation, out of stocks in 6 sec all these are marketing strategies.
About one plus one, why they are not selling phone like other manufacturers?

Always check for full review, try to get hands on by visiting some stores (eg Vijay Sales). Specifications are important, but that shouldn't be your only measure to judge smartphone. Specs, UI, Screen, Camera, Battery, Sensors, Drop test and other tests, after sale service etc etc. Everything should be under scanner then go for it.

Cyanogen will not give updates to one plus one in India. See the news.

Most of tricks on XDA are fakes like bravia engine,Dolby etc.Regarding custom roms they are most buggy roms you can read lot of people are facing problem after installing custom roms.Most people doesn't want to flash roms

Though Moto phones are becoming popular you are missing one thing you need to obtain a code for rooting and these phones are most difficult to root.

So you are saying Octa core phones are gimmick MTK 6592 can score around 32k in antntu while Snapdragon 400 can score about 18k.

A

amit.tiger12

Most of tricks on XDA are fakes like bravia engine,Dolby etc.

On XDA, there are no tricks, those are developers (*not all) not magician. They try to give you similar kind of experience.

Regarding custom roms they are most buggy roms you can read lot of people are facing problem after installing custom roms.

They are buggy because they need to be developed and time required is more. Those who are making it don't have enough developers like those you see in software company. But they give mostly stable rom with *condition like anything happen to your device...etc etc... I don't know whether people read this or not.

Most people doesn't want to flash roms

Exactly.

Though Moto phones are becoming popular you are missing one thing you need to obtain a code for rooting and these phones are most difficult to root.

That's why I love to use my nexus 5.

So you are saying Octa core phones are gimmick MTK 6592 can score around 32k in antntu while Snapdragon 400 can score about 18k.

I didn't get you.
But I can say, don't ever go for benchmark. Sometimes the seller cheats you showing high benchmarks. I can tell you how they do this, they put dalvik+bionic optimizations in system. So if you put these in your phone system you will see high benchmarks, if you don't then low benchmarks.
One eg. I'm using nexus 5, when I bought it I did cpu benchmark got 23k-24k result on snapdragon 800. That does not mean my phone is slow. With same snapdragon 800 devices you will see some greater score above 30K-35k even 40k also. They all cheats. For example, Samsung is known for when the phone detects some sort of benchmark application, the phone will automatically overclock the phone to possibly unsafe limits to achieve better scores. I believe LG does this too. A quick google search of phone benchmark cheating can yield a lot.

Low score does not always means low in performance and vice versa.
If your device is smooth and responsive. It depends on you how you define it "performance"
You can have low scores in benches and have a smooth general UI, but you can also have higher scores with a smooth general UI. You can have higher scores in benches but a "laggy" general UI... It differs always.

For nexus 5 and qualcomm snapdragon SoC :
Other phones run their cores at full speed whenever a benchmark app is opened. With nexus devices they will only do what they have to do and not run at max speed unless it has to. Because Google chooses not to alter how the SoC functions just to maximize synthetic benchmark scores.

Why aren't these patches included in stock ROM?
A: As for bionic - I don't know. Maybe that's because Google didn't want to include vendor-specific optimizations in AOSP or maybe simply because Qualcomm never posted them in Android Code Review to be merged. As for dalvik - because they are closed-source.

Part of the point of Nexus devices is that AOSP can produce nearly identical images minus GApps. Google would not use a proprietary dalvik as that is one of the core libraries. Using a proprietary dalvik would undermine AOSP. Although, an open libqc-dalvik or even just giving us that binary would be nice. Google could have a device specific extension similar to the adreno extensions onto renderscript and egl for dalvik. Proprietary dalvik won't happen, but an adreno extension could be cool.

smooth UI it's the most important. It depends also of what you want, if you want to play with benches use the "classic" Antutu and tweak a bit your device (custom kernel, Bionic/Dalvik patches).

:)

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would suggest either get One plus One or wait for Mi4.Even huwaie honour 6 is a good phone within your budget.

A

amit.tiger12

Any more suggestions?

Complete list to choose from:

One Plus One
Google Nexus 5 (16 GB)
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC Desire 820
HTC Desire 820Q
Motorola Moto X
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
Sony Xperia T3
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC Desire 816
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 4
Lenovo Vibe Z K910
Lenovo K900
Lenovo IdeaPhone K900
Gionee Elife E7 16GB
Huawei Ascend P7
Apple iPhone 5c
Nokia Lumia 1020

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Complete list to choose from:

One Plus One
Google Nexus 5 (16 GB)
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC Desire 820
HTC Desire 820Q
Motorola Moto X
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
Sony Xperia T3
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC Desire 816

Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 4
Lenovo Vibe Z K910
Lenovo K900
Lenovo IdeaPhone K900
Gionee Elife E7 16GB
Huawei Ascend P7
Apple iPhone 5c

Nokia Lumia 1020

The ones in the bold aren't worth considering and/or are overpriced.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Any more suggestions?
The above suggestions aren't enough for you? LOL.

If you ask for more suggestions you will be suggested stupid phones, like you already have been. You are in Digit, if you are in line to buy a Samsung or Sony or hTC, you are making a mistake. If you want to buy a Xiamoi or Motorola or LG or whatever-I-don't-care brand it's VFM, as simple as that.

As I said before, some of Flipkart's ultra idiotic reviewers are here after all :|

Top Bottom