Phone with a big battery and a good camera within 14k.

Chetan1991

Youngling
1. Budget?
14k. 15k only if its an exceptional deal.

2. Display type and size?
4.5 inch. min. Should be pocketable though.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
None.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touch.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Rear camera should be as good as can be had in the price. Will be my primary camera.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G and Wifi.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Light browsing
Taking occasional pictures and videos
Listening to music
24 hour connectivity through gsm and apps such as Skype.

Min 16 GB storage and a long lasting battery is must.
It would be nice if it has water proofing, although I guess that's asking too much at the price.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia SP (without warranty). Moto G.

ankush28

Bazinga
Get Moto G FTW! Read my review if Moto G from link below.

Xperia SP and huawei honor are only good alternatives.

Last edited:

sushovan

In the zone
I vote for Xperia SP without warranty cause It blows Moto G out of water in every area except display ( cause stupid Sony didn't care about displays in their 2013 lineup) and cause I have one :D

ankush28

Bazinga
So I'm guessing no one has any faith in local "Indian" brands?

Those "Indian" brands are just rebranding phone and running lots of advertising campaign just to fill their pockets. Once they sold phone - tu kaun main kaun! Fck off consumers! Only Indians can do business like this :lol: :rofl:

.jRay.

Youngling
Those "Indian" brands are just rebranding phone and running lots of advertising campaign just to fill their pockets. Once they sold phone - tu kaun main kaun! Fck off consumers! Only Indians can do business like this :lol: :rofl:

This is true beyond words.

My brother bought a xolo phone saying its an intel brand, it ought to be good. I even explained how intel only had it's name associated with one phone because of the processor and nothing else, they don't have anything else to do with it.. but still he called me an idiot for saying such nonsense and went ahead to buy it. Only 3 months later sent it to the service center and received it back after 2 months.. i was like Lololol

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION]
0100100100100000011011000110111101110110011001010010000001110100011001010110001101101000

Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Would the cost of getting an Xperia SP repaired (without warranty) be very high? Anyone with any experience?

ankush28

Bazinga
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION]

Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Would the cost of getting an Xperia SP repaired (without warranty) be very high? Anyone with any experience?

>You should have replied in binary :p

>Depends upon what you broke and how you broke! E.g. screen with digitizer may cost 6-8k for repair. My friend paid 13k for screen+digitizer replacement on Nexus 5 (I was like :rofl: ).

>You should have replied in binary :p

>Depends upon what you broke and how you broke! E.g. screen with digitizer may cost 6-8k for repair. My friend paid 13k for screen+digitizer replacement on Nexus 5 (I was like :rofl: ).
A local dealer was asking Rs30,000 for screen replacement of Xperia Z (this was last year when Xperia Z was still fresh). Sucks to be in a remote part of the country.

Top Bottom