1. Budget?
6k, the lower the better.
2. Display type and size?
no preference
3. Dual sim?
yes. Dual Sim support needed.
4. Preferred choice of brand?
brands like Motorola, Asus, Nokia, etc.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
no front facing camera needed.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
any.
AFAIK, no good file browser is available for windows, so no windows, include windows if there's a good file browser you know :)
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
any
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
browsing images, watching videos, Wifi, no gaming,
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
don't want to bias the reply of any person, so leaving this blank
10. Any other info that you want to share
need a good camera, so no Moto E.
Please try to limit the budget to within 6k.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Zenfone 4 (4")

saw somewhere that you own this phone.
if you do, please tell me hows the phone's camera and any hangs or so.
Flipkart has actually bugged up a little bit.
it has a common review terminal for both the Zenfone 4 (4") with Soda lime and the Zenfone 4 (4") with Corning gorilla glass.
customers who bought the latter complain that they actually bought the one with CGG and that it broke on a single drop.
so.
please confirm that is the CGG actually bad or its just the Fk bug ?

- - - Updated - - -

^+1 to this

awesome.
first two thumbs up on a single phone.
this got to be good.

forgot to mention one major use of the fone, i'll be clicking photos of notes. copies, etc [MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] : can you please take a photo of a copy with the fone and tell me if its good enough for reading ?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
My vote goes to Moto E. Btw. you can get 500rs with flipkart app. And another 10% cash back on SBI Credit/Debit cards

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
also tell me if the upgrading also works ?

- - - Updated - - -

My vote goes to Moto E. Btw. you can get 500rs with flipkart app. And another 10% cash back on SBI Credit/Debit cards

would have gone for moto E could have availed both the cuts on the price, but i do need a medium good camera,
and i've used the moto E camera, it really sucks :)
anyways, thanks bro :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
also tell me if the upgrading also works ?

- - - Updated - - -

would have gone for moto E could have availed both the cuts on the price, but i do need a medium good camera,
and i've used the moto E camera, it really sucks :)
anyways, thanks bro :)
I would say wait for MOTO E 2nd gen. It will pack Snapdragon 400 SoC like Moto G

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you can wait, Moto E 2nd gen is definitely the way to go. it'll have bumped up internals but carry the same 5MP camera but maybe with a better sensor.

saw somewhere that you own this phone.

my cousin owns it, not me. used it and must say for 6k, this is absolute VFM. build quality is really good, screen is good enough, really smooth even with multiple apps thrown at the same time but the only problem will be battery which i doubt will last a day. sadly didn't use camera but from pre-clicked images it looked good.

Flipkart has actually bugged up a little bit.
it has a common review terminal for both the Zenfone 4 (4") with Soda lime and the Zenfone 4 (4") with Corning gorilla glass.
customers who bought the latter complain that they actually bought the one with CGG and that it broke on a single drop.
so.
please confirm that is the CGG actually bad or its just the Fk bug ?

now this is tricky. looks like Asus removed corning gorilla glass to save some cost.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
if you can wait, Moto E 2nd gen is definitely the way to go. it'll have bumped up internals but carry the same 5MP camera but maybe with a better sensor.

my cousin owns it, not me. used it and must say for 6k, this is absolute VFM. build quality is really good, screen is good enough, really smooth even with multiple apps thrown at the same time but the only problem will be battery which i doubt will last a day. sadly didn't use camera but from pre-clicked images it looked good.

now this is tricky. looks like Asus removed corning gorilla glass to save some cost.

how much will i have to wait ?

- - - Updated - - -

and can you confirm a whether the camera on zenfone 4 400CG is autofocus or fixed focus ?
because a fixed focus camera won't suffice my needs

- - - Updated - - -

If the camera on the Moto E doesn't get upgraded, then its not worth waiting for it (in my case)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how much will i have to wait ?

my best guess is January end - first week of February.

and can you confirm a whether the camera on zenfone 4 400CG is autofocus or fixed focus ?
because a fixed focus camera won't suffice my needs

AFAIK, it is autofocus.

If the camera on the Moto E doesn't get upgraded, then its not worth waiting for it (in my case)

because only a couple of spec shot has leaked so hard to say what kind of improvement the next Moto E will bring in terms of camera. But if it gets 1st gen Moto G's 5MP camera, it'll be a big upgrade in terms of image quality too. But from what little is known, it'll not carry a flash nor a front cam (cost cutting measures) to keep price same as the current model.

And the best part is (should) it'll run Android 5.0 out of box. If you can wait, Moto E is definitely the way to go.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
my best guess is January end - first week of February.

AFAIK, it is autofocus.

because only a couple of spec shot has leaked so hard to say what kind of improvement the next Moto E will bring in terms of camera. But if it gets 1st gen Moto G's 5MP camera, it'll be a big upgrade in terms of image quality too. But from what little is known, it'll not carry a flash nor a front cam (cost cutting measures) to keep price same as the current model.

And the best part is (should) it'll run Android 5.0 out of box. If you can wait, Moto E is definitely the way to go.

worth waiting for, but can't wait that long.
can you confirm one more thing?
are both the SIMs on zenfone 4 A400CG GSM ?
cuz i need both to be GSM.
do WCDMA slots work with GSM SIMs ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
worth waiting for, but can't wait that long.
can you confirm one more thing?
are both the SIMs on zenfone 4 A400CG GSM ?
cuz i need both to be GSM.
do WCDMA slots work with GSM SIMs ?

both are GSM sim. most mobiles support 3G on both sim but it works in 3G+2G configuration i.e. one sim in 3G whereas other in 2G.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
both are GSM sim. most mobiles support 3G on both sim but it works in 3G+2G configuration i.e. one sim in 3G whereas other in 2G.

thanks.
going for it.
getting it for 4945.1 bucks on Flipkart.
will be buying today evening.

- - - Updated - - -

anyways, hows Redmi 1s ?
i mean in terms of ASS?
and phone quality?
is it like micromax lava, etc?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Phone has the best hardware for the price, software, not so much.
Still worth to consider, better than local rebranders like micromax, etc.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. Budget?
6k, the lower the better.
2. Display type and size?
no preference
3. Dual sim?
yes. Dual Sim support needed.
4. Preferred choice of brand?
brands like Motorola, Asus, Nokia, etc.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
no front facing camera needed.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
any.
AFAIK, no good file browser is available for windows, so no windows, include windows if there's a good file browser you know :)
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
any
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
browsing images, watching videos, Wifi, no gaming,
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
don't want to bias the reply of any person, so leaving this blank
10. Any other info that you want to share
need a good camera, so no Moto E.
Please try to limit the budget to within 6k.

windows phone 8.1 now has an inbuilt file manager
Your request appears to be from an automated process
I highly recommend Lumia 525(if you can extend) or there are offers going on the 520/525,625,530 at the moment
even moto e and zenfone 4 are decent depending on preference

- - - Updated - - -

Update-sorry just saw op bought zenfone 4 already my bad

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks.
going for it.
getting it for 4945.1 bucks on Flipkart.
will be buying today evening.

well thats cheap. congrats.

anyways, hows Redmi 1s ?
i mean in terms of ASS?
and phone quality?
is it like micromax lava, etc?

as Sayan said. excellent H/W let down by poor software. ASS is again as many of the service center guys had no idea they offer service for Xiaomi or what Xiaomi is.

Top Bottom