Phone needed under Rs.3K = Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My friend wants to buy a mobile at around Rs.2500-3000.
He is in search of a phone which offers FM Radio, MP3 Player, GPRS(Should be usable on PC),Bluetooth(Will do even if not available).
Camera is not required.

We went to Mobile store & got two models under our budget.
Samsung E1410 & LG KP 115.
I suggested him to go with Samsung E1410 since Samsung is trustable. LG KP 115 is good but still the reviews don't seem to favor it. My friend is more inclined to the KP115. Help us to choose the best between two. You can even recommend phone from other companies.

Please be quick since we need to get the phone today in the evening.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
I recommend the e1410, the sound is awesome, you get a 1gb card free with it and you even have bluetooth. Dunno about gprs and other stuff.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Yes go for the samsung e1410.....my friends dad has the fone and my friend says that the soung quality(especially from the dual speakers) is awesome.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Can you guys confirm about FM Recording & GPRS under Samsung E1410?
I compared both the phones on GSMARENA & here are the results : *www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2647&idPhone1=2391

According to it, Samsung E1410 has FM Recording & GPRS but the guy at mobile store said it deosn't. Please help me on this since we(me & my friend) are utterly confused on this matter. If Samsung has both these features my friend will go for Samsung E1410 or else as I said before he is bit inclined towards LG KP115.

What do you guys think about LG KP115? Any other phones from Sony Ericsson under Rs.3K price bracket having similar features?

Tamoghno

Padawan
Whatever you buy make sure that you can use PHONE AS MODEM. most cheap gprs phone dont have modem capability . The cheapest phone that can be used as modem (i know) is nokia 3110c. I am not sure if there is cheaper option available .

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I know that Tamoghno that's why I was aking & bolded the part in my first post.
Well, finally my friend purchased Samsung E1410. Due to Ganesh Visarjan, we could not invest time in the phone. He will leisurely have a look at it & will report to me about it in coming day or two.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Do tell us if it have modem capability or not . It'll be nice to have alternative to 3110. How much did you say pay for it ?

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My friend paid Rs.2900 for the Samsung E1410.
The box included Handset, Headset, Charger, Battery & Manual but no data cable or Software.
The retailer told me to buy a data cable separately since it isn't bundled with the original box.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Buy bluetooth dongle instead of data cable . It is fast enough , easier to connect , cheaper and most importantly you can charge more easily while browsing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom