Phone for friends Mom ; <4.3" screen ; 25k max budget ; Skype and what app.

Hi,
My friends mother needs a phone. It needs to be small(anything above 4.3" is big i think. :lol: ) and thin.
This will be primarily used for video calling and whatsapp.
She has problem with vision. I think we can use the bigger font and accessibility features of Android. Hope we have something similar in iOS as well...

Please see the requirements :
1. Budget? 25k
2. Display type and size? MAX4"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? No preference
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. min 5MP,AF,Flash ; FRONT CAM is must for video calling
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Anything is fine provided it is simple to use for somebody new to the smartphone world. I think iOS shines better here...
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G+Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? All
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Phone,Whatsapp,skype,Video Calling , Music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Xperia M dual,iphone 4S,S4 Mini,
12. Any other info that you want to share Planning to buy this week. This is for my friends mother who was using Nokia 1100 previously.
I suggested Moto G. But they feel it is BIG....

4.5 or 4.6 will also be usable for your mom
Also a large text will help more on those sized phones. Mpre than 4.7 inch can become unusable
Get her moto g or xperia sp (4.4inch for reading and 0.2inch for keys)
L90 dual is also a good option but may be huge
S4 mini is the one if u dont want to consider the above options
Windows phone will help her a lot with her vison problems and if you consider wp then 720 is perfect while 920 is nice

Re: Phone for friends Mom ; &lt;4.3&quot; screen ; 25k max budget ; Skype and what app.

Moto X is 4.7" man... :-(

- - - Updated - - -

4.5 or 4.6 will also be usable for your mom
Also a large text will help more on those sized phones. Mpre than 4.7 inch can become unusable
Get her moto g or xperia sp (4.4inch for reading and 0.2inch for keys)
L90 dual is also a good option but may be huge
S4 mini is the one if u dont want to consider the above options
Windows phone will help her a lot with her vison problems and if you consider wp then 720 is perfect while 920 is nice

Yeah.. S4 mini seems better as they didnt like Moto G.
I'm looking at iphone 4S as well though. Which is better ? S4 Mini or Iphone 4S 8GB ?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Re: Phone for friends Mom ; &lt;4.3&quot; screen ; 25k max budget ; Skype and what app.

Moto X is 4.7" man... :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.. S4 mini seems better as they didnt like Moto G.
I'm looking at iphone 4S as well though. Which is better ? S4 Mini or Iphone 4S 8GB ?

Depends natively on which UI she is comfortable with!
Both are good phones!
Just first ask her if she is comfy with Moto X!

tkin

Back to school!!
If its for your friend's mom, tell him to get her a Moto G, why spend 24k if a 13k mobile satisfies her needs?

OP already mentioned that she didn't like Moto G

So, S4 Mini @ 18k is a great choice.

Advantages over iPhone 4S :
- Bluetooth file transfer
- Better battery life (Acc to GSMarena, 54h for S4 Mini vs 45h for 4S, standby drain is more in S4 Mini)
- Dual SIM
- Better UI........ (Most people prefer Android UI, Touchwiz is one of the best)
- Expandable storage
- Transferring files to phone is not easy in iphones as in any android phone (i'm sure my mom won't be able to use iTunes n all)

tkin

Back to school!!
Then I'd suggest LG L90, for 15-16k, OP can still save 8k, then there's the upcoming LG G2 mini. No need to go above 20k.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Moto G (4.5" screen) is not big, I'm using Lg Optimus G (4.7" screen) and have medium sized hands. still can operate the phone with one hand.

Once you start using a phone of this size, you won't like a smaller display of a phone at all (i had a galaxy Y, 3.0" screen)

Top Bottom