Phone for dad ~20k

Rogerakins

Right off the assembly line
1. Budget? 20k

2. Display type and size? 5"+ ... He needs a bigger phone than S2

3. Dual sim? Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand? Any with good build quality

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Good camera required

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android only

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 3G will do

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Internet browsing mainly with ocassional photography

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Xiaomi Mi4i, ASUS Zenfone 2(2GB version)

10. Any other info that you want to share
My dad likes taking photos with his phone, so a best possible camera(Mi4i ??) within the budget is appreciated. He also wants the phone to have good display, better than display of my Nexus 4(S4 & Mi4i maybe).

I personally doubt about zenfone's camera, so thinking aganist it

The phone should be better than S2 in every way

Thanks

You can go for HTC Desire 816G Octa Core. It's have all the features that you need in your budget. My friend has bought this phone online from Electronicsbazaar.com. The mobile was delivered in a good condition and short time of period. It cost 16,800 and your budget is 20 k, so you must be saving a good amount.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I'm planning to get Honor 4X for my dad...... It fits all the requirements ..... Still open to other options...

- - - Updated - - -

You can go for HTC Desire 816G Octa Core. It's have all the features that you need in your budget. My friend has bought this phone online from Electronicsbazaar.com. The mobile was delivered in a good condition and short time of period. It cost 16,800 and your budget is 20 k, so you must be saving a good amount.

It doesn't have good battery life + just 1GB RAM

Last edited:
OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
How about desire 820 if 720p resolution for 5.5" screen can be ignored?

I don't think he needs S615 + spending 23k on 820 isn't justified, when I can get bit inferior camera, display phone with adequate performance & better battery life than 820 @ 10k

Also flipkart doesn't ship 820 to Port Blair

- - - Updated - - -

My dad likes Honor 4X, so planning to place order today itself....

the.one

In the zone
I don't think he needs S615 + spending 23k on 820 isn't justified, when I can get bit inferior camera, display phone with adequate performance & better battery life than 820 @ 10k

Also flipkart doesn't ship 820 to Port Blair

- - - Updated - - -

My dad likes Honor 4X, so planning to place order today itself....

Why not A7000?

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Why not A7000?

A7000 is lighter than 4X, has better speakers, but 4X has better camera, better battery life..... Also some users reported heating in A7000 in flipkart....

I checked few reviews of 4X, given by GSMArena blog, fonearena & techradar...... They all appreciated its bright display, good camera & battery life

Placed order for Honor 4X, should receive it next week......

Never thought that he would end up buying a 10k phone after having a budget of 20k, anyways its time for me to upgrade my phone it seems :p :lol:

Anyways its sufficient for my dad for the next 2-3 years..... Hope it gets Lollipop soon....

the.one

In the zone
A7000 is lighter than 4X, has better speakers, but 4X has better camera, better battery life..... Also some users reported heating in A7000 in flipkart....

I checked few reviews of 4X, given by GSMArena blog, fonearena & techradar...... They all appreciated its bright display, good camera & battery life

Never thought that he would end up buying a 10k phone after having a budget of 20k, anyways its time for me to upgrade my phone it seems :p :lol:

Anyways its sufficient for my dad for the next 2-3 years..... Hope it gets Lollipop soon....

Good choice.. Congrats!

Rogerakins

Must say that you have a nice choice. But brands also matter as compare to Huawei, htc is better.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Must say that you have a nice choice. But brands also matter as compare to Huawei, htc is better.

No doubt about that...... Since Port Blair has official service centre of just Micromax, so buying any reliable brand phone is same..... If anything happens to the phone, we have to send it to Chennai or give it to some local repair guys, which I personally don't trust as nowadays mobiles are becoming tougher to repair due to non-removable parts....

I even suggested my dad LG G3 Dual at 25k from eBy, instead of HTC 820, which he liked but then thought why spend 15k extra when a 10k phone satisfies his needs....

- - - Updated - - -

Good choice.. Congrats!

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Good news, bought a Sony BDV E3100 Blu ray player @ 15k :p

My dad was planning it for a few weeks.....

It has some connectivity problems..... In which thread should I post ?? "Audio" ??

intel3000

Though there r many options I would still suggest you to go for moto g or xiaomi note ( Amy variant ) since both gives value for money and I believe I can either get it shipped to your place or to any of it relatives.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Though there r many options I would still suggest you to go for moto g or xiaomi note ( Amy variant ) since both gives value for money and I believe I can either get it shipped to your place or to any of it relatives.
Xiaomi Note isn't worth it. His dad won't like laggy MIUI.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats for the purchase. Do post a review. :D

8 GB internal memory should be sufficient for your dad.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

I have personally used my friend's Note 4G & I didn't like it.......Even my friend sold it within a month

- - - Updated - - -

Xiaomi Note isn't worth it. His dad won't like laggy MIUI.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats for the purchase. Do post a review. :D

8 GB internal memory should be sufficient for your dad.

MIUI didn't feel laggy to me on Note 4G........ Anyways EMUI works great in my friend's Honor Holly, so 4X also shouldn't get laggy with time

I'll do a short review :)

I also bought a 32GB samsung evo+ sd card for him

Top Bottom