Phone for dad ~20k

1. Budget? 20k

2. Display type and size? 5"+ ... He needs a bigger phone than S2

3. Dual sim? Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand? Any with good build quality

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Good camera required

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android only

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 3G will do

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Internet browsing mainly with ocassional photography

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Xiaomi Mi4i, ASUS Zenfone 2(2GB version)

10. Any other info that you want to share
My dad likes taking photos with his phone, so a best possible camera(Mi4i ??) within the budget is appreciated. He also wants the phone to have good display, better than display of my Nexus 4(S4 & Mi4i maybe).

I personally doubt about zenfone's camera, so thinking aganist it

The phone should be better than S2 in every way

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
He is using android & likes it....... Moreover i didn't like WP & it has few shortcomings, except for the ones you know, here are few other points to be considered:
- I won't be able to troubleshoot if anything happens to the phone
- Internet is very bad in the region where my home is.... You can browse internet but sometimes downloads won't complete(its complicated)

the.one

In the zone
He is using android & likes it....... Moreover i didn't like WP & it has few shortcomings, except for the ones you know, here are few other points to be considered:
- I won't be able to troubleshoot if anything happens to the phone
- Internet is very bad in the region where my home is.... You can browse internet but sometimes downloads won't complete(its complicated)

Hold your horses for the impending 1+2

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Hold your horses for the impending 1+2

My dad might not spend 20k+ on lesser known brands.........
He is okay with 13k Xiaomi Mi4i, but since it has just 16GB, he is checking other options....

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I want to clarify something..... S2 had just 2GB storage dedicated to installing apps, is it same in newer Samsung devices??

$hadow

Geek in making
mi4i is a valid option besides you can also go for yureka since requirements are not a lot from the phone.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Yureka is good but i doubt the quality of screen (colour reproduction, contrast n all)...... So Mi 4i is better...... Samsung Galaxy E7 is also under consideration....

If my dad rules out the need of a dual sim phone, it would be better (he currently uses just 1 sim).... I'm thinking of Note 3 Pro then if that happens (He won't buy oneplus one or Xiaomi Mi4)

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Yureka is good but i doubt the quality of screen (colour reproduction, contrast n all)...... So Mi 4i is better...... Samsung Galaxy E7 is also under consideration....

If my dad rules out the need of a dual sim phone, it would be better (he currently uses just 1 sim).... I'm thinking of Note 3 Pro then if that happens (He won't buy oneplus one or Xiaomi Mi4)

Just get aside from Samsung if he's into mid tier.
Only S6,S6 Edge are worth.

Better get OPO or Moto X2 is also a good option.

radiking

Right off the assembly line
Just get aside from Samsung if he's into mid tier.
Only S6,S6 Edge are worth.

Better get OPO or Moto X2 is also a good option.
That's not true .. I have an s4 i 9505 and its still a cool phone using since past 2 years after lollipop update things have changed..works marvelous. But hey I wouldn't recommend myself coz Sammy might stop updates for my phone not sure if it will taste android m..updates are also an important factor. miui is custom ROM so yeah u can consider mi4i they will update in future too.build quality hmmm we are talking about mid range phones so you shouldn't have big expectations.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I think Mi4i has great build quality for it's price.... Anyways my dad became a bit busy, I'll have a talk with him this weekend.... Let's see what he likes....

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
UPDATE : My dad says it would be better to have a 5.5" rather than 5" screen. Mi4i is out due to that & just 16GB storage. He needs a phone better than S2 in everyway possible.

How is ASUS Zenfone 2 ?? I'm thinking of the 15k model
Any other good dual SIM 5.5" phone ??

How about Honor 4X, Lenovo A7000 ??

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
UPDATE : My dad says it would be better to have a 5.5" rather than 5" screen. Mi4i is out due to that & just 16GB storage. He needs a phone better than S2 in everyway possible.

Don't!!!
W8 for OPO price cut due next couple of weeks.

the.one

In the zone

+1 to Lenovo A7000

Only concern - I saw a video review recently, I guess GeekyRanjit's video where he mentioned about a sub-par GPS performance, and the compass app not working properly due to faulty magnetometer.

Also +1 to lumia 640 XL.

Top Bottom