Phone for 15K for Mom.

sinhead

Broken In
1. Budget? - 15K
2. Display type and size? - 5 inch
4. Preferred choice of brand? - Nokia, Motorola, Htc, Sony
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). - Windows or Android
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Calls, whatsapp, facebook only. Nothing else.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Lumia 535, Moto G, Htc
10. Any other info that you want to share - Battery should last 1 day atleast. Call clarity should be good.

Hi guys,

My mom had been using Lumia 625 till now, but it was lost a few days back. This was her 1st smart phone, which I bought as per the advice I got from here. She was happy with the Phone.

I believe she will be able to handle Android now.

Shortlisted:
1) Lumia 535 - Most shops don't have it in stock just 1 shop had it but didn't have the black colour. The UI stutters, so I am worried that it might lag/ hang while using facebook.
2) Moto G - seems to be a good choice. How is the battery backup?
3) Please do recommend a good HTC Phone also in this budget. She will prefer a good looking phone.
4) How is Sony M2?

Thanks in advance. Hope to choose the best option!

Go for Moto G2 without thinking much. We have three Moto phones in our house (1 Moto G2 and 2 Moto E). Trust me Moto phones are full Paisa Vasool. Good camera, build, display, battery life and sound. Moreover Flipkart is too good and fast in delivering goods.

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
Thanks Guys!!

Just checked, MotoG is not deliverable to NCR (Vaishali) :-? So I'll see if I can find an alternate address.

But please do suggest me an alternative to Moto g?
- Asus zenphone 5? (reviews say battery life is poor).
- HTC/ Sony ??

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Asus Zenphone 5 will last you more than a day with moderate use.I would suggest Zenphone 5 8GB model for 10k much better camera,looks,build quality and 2GB ram.

Both Sony and HTC are overpriced .

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
Asus is not available too in the shops nearby. Reliance, chroma, jumbo don't stock it as well.
Saw the htc and sony options. Not really convinced about these.

How about Samsung Prime or LG D335 (L Bello) ? Have seen some good reviews about Samsung prime and its battery is good too. It is recommended here, in the sticky thread too. I feel Samsung prime should be good for her use. Any known bugs/ issues with this?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
yeah totally agreed, i suggest the moto g 2014 and Lumia 730 any day!!
both are excellent in their respective departments and are the kings of the 15k price range depending on preference

Top Bottom