Philips or Sennheiser ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Finally philips has won the race and today I purchased SHP2700 from Jumbo electronics, Ambience Mall, Gurgaon for Rs.1495/-

Here is my review..

Came home, unpacked the headphone, powered up my Laptop, started Zoom player, played Taxi Taxi song..ohhh god...MY HEADPHONE LACKS BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought the same lacks one..so changed to Ada gada from Satyam. Here to bass is minimal.

Then tried a 6CH HDRIP movie, Transformers. Lacks bass again, but surround seems to be good. But during action scenes(shooting) no bass at all. Ohh god what a big mistake I made.

Thought my laptop doesnt provide good sound, so turned on my computer and Altec 5.1
Plugged in SHP2700 to the front panel headphone jack in Altec. Played the same series as above again. Now the shp2700 provides good chillness, gr8 sound output, clarity but lacks again in Bass, the department I really love.

What a shame Philips.

Idea striked me again to test shp2700 in my w580i. Same response.

The build quality, weight are all good. The cable is 3M. No pain in the ears. Think can be worn for a long time.

Was very sad, so tried googling, and the following thread came to notice.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82090&highlight=shp2700

After seeing the below note I am now relieved. He has mentioned the exact state and experience one would get after his first experience with shp2700.

Below are the sensational words.
Get SHP2700. That is the one that has open aural design. Right. If yes, go for it. My friend has it. I tested it once and was amazed by it's sound.

FYI, it has burn-in period where you have to play music through it for some 40-50 hours and then only you will find it's true potential. Don't panic when you get it home, plug it in and feel that the sound is tinny. slowly hour by hour the quality increases.

So accor to the above techie I am gonna burn my shp2700 in the coming weeks and hopefully she satisfies in the bass department.

In the same shop I too saw Senn HD201 and 202. But yesterday I saw a review tht both the models are quite similar. So was in a dilemma. Buut first I took Senn HD202 thinking they dont hv Philips shp2700. Then after a round saw they have kept the whole bunch of Philips shp series in a place. Fortunately I found shp2700 and went for it.

Will get back here to let you know ppl whether shp2700 satisfied me or not.

Pray for me brothers.

acewin

Point Blanc
good going, I too do not hope very much performance increase in Bass, will see how the outcome comes hands folded for you buddy

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
@dreams
why didn't u compare shp2700 n hd201?... they(shop) had both models isn't?......i hav hd201, bass is superb,especially wen watching movies,u r right hd201 n 202 sounds almost same....anyway wait till burn-in period is over, sound will improve after burn in period

acewin

Point Blanc
zyber as per what desi says SHP2700 is good it will just take time to open up really.
Besides in any showroom most of branded headphones are seal packed and are not allowed to test. :(

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
my personal experience
ive bought 3 philips headsets, and 1 senheiser.
philips was the worst. after like 3-4 months of using , somehow the audio cable that is connected to the ear cups gets distorted or whatever sound stops coming . you have to move the cable a little to make it work. this shows poor craftsmanship in ALL the philips headsets. i didnt use the sennheiser much but it had good quality. right now i seetled with the logitech usb premium headset 300. it has a usb interface so it kinda has a sound card of its own. it has really good music quality, been using over a year, and has good noice cancelling mics. u might consider this. this audio quality is really good. bass and treble are adjusted fine, and the volume can go pretty loud

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
@zyber
I chose shp2700 cos hd201 and hd202 are same in performance. but there is a price difference. So was in a dilemma whether to go for Senn.

Just check the above posts and philips seems to win the race..also many had mentioned senn's higher end models with a price tag >2k was good. So accor to my budget I thought philips will server my purpose.

let me burn it and check..the same thing happ with my altec too..initially the bas was too bad..in higher volumes the bass lacks..but now after keeping my SW near the closed walls, what a bass..my room vibrates.

so thinking the same should happen with my Philips.

keeping my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom