performance diff 64bit linux with 32bit ( L gurus help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I have changed my system to athlon 3000+ with has x64 ( 64 bit) architecture . well previously I was using 32 bit ubuntu . Now I want to utilize my full CPU circle and thats why I want to install a new 64 bit linux OS . Linux gurus plz help . which 64 bit linux I should go for ? I heard suse and ubuntu have 64 bit linux...........some others also . In this regard I want to know have digit given any 64 bit linux ever ? and hows will be the performan difference ??

well I have experience in 32 bit linux only....... its not that I am feeling anything bad with it ............but as I have got a 64 bit CPU then I think I should use a 64 bit OS . linux gurus plz suggest . and another important question: where I can find a 64 bit linux? anyone have that in mumbai? lets see who responds . I can download but I have data-tr limit .

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Im using FC5 64 bit right now.. Its awesome! And Digit never has, and probably never will give any 64 bit edition of linux mosty becaue only a few ppl have 64 bit CPU's and 32 bit Linux runs fine on 64 bit systems.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
64bit is available for all linux flavours... Even Ubuntu.. You use a 64bit OS to make the most of your 64 bit processor..

OP
H

hellomotto

Banned
kalpik said:
Im using FC5 64 bit right now.. Its awesome! And Digit never has, and probably never will give any 64 bit edition of linux mosty becaue only a few ppl have 64 bit CPU's and 32 bit Linux runs fine on 64 bit systems.

then where i can find 64 bit linux? is it available with any magazines? like L for u ? I know 32 bit Linux runs fine on 64 bit systems . thats what I am doing now....................but I want to try 64 bit linux . How is suse ? never seen Suse till date but I heard about it .

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Either download it, or order on ebay.in. By the way, lemme tell you, there are still a lot of dependancy problems with 64 bit linux.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@Hellomotto check it out at ILUG-BOM. I can see some X86-64 Ubuntu cd's available. If anyone has a cd/dvd, they might be wiling to give it to you.
Here's the link to cd's available page *db.glug-bom.org/wiki/index.php/CDs_Available

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hmm allright I can download it for you. You just need to provide me cost of media and a few days needed to download.
Which distro do you want?

OP
H

hellomotto

Banned
that will be great , I am looking for SuSE ( 64 edition only ) . but for u unlimited download is free? I have net connection but I have 1 GB limit .

OP
H

hellomotto

Banned
that I can , although I am mainly familier with VT , anyway this thread is more and more becoming our personal so I think instead of using this thread we should use our personal mails now, I am sending it to u by PM .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom