Performance Desktop under 80K

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
21:9 is only good for movies,try watching 16:9 content(which is the most available format nowadays) on a 21:9 screen(take some 1080p 16:9 clips on pendrive to showroom) before deciding anything.

Most movies I have are in 21:9 only but I watch movies on large TV never on monitor and I will not be gaming a lot though most games support 21:9 nowadays without stretching from sides.

Mostly I will be playing poker doing multi tabling this way I can fit more tables on the screen side by side. On my 27" 16:9 you can play 6 tables but they kind of overlap each other. I usually play 6-8 tables at one time. That's why I was considering 21:9 and getting 30" or bigger screen.
What I am doing currently is playing 2 tables on laptop 15.6" screen and 4 tables on 27" 16:9 monitor but then I have to look left and right a lot to observe them all at once. Also both have different input keyboards for playing poker that's also problematic. Although there is a software where you can share 1 mouse on 2 different PCs but it's not super smooth.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then its fine to go for 21:9 monitor but you can also look into multi-monitor setup.
*www.amazon.in/LG-29UM69G-Ultrawide-Monitor-SPEAKERS/dp/B0793KVRH4/

Btw you play pro poker?

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
Then its fine to go for 21:9 monitor but you can also look into multi-monitor setup.
*www.amazon.in/LG-29UM69G-Ultrawide-Monitor-SPEAKERS/dp/B0793KVRH4/

Btw you play pro poker?

Yes been doing it since 2013. But taking few weeks break from it as it messes up with the head.
FB: Aditya Kumar

Yes I saw that monitor but it is 29" so not huge upgrade from 27". I was thinking 30" or more. My desk is not very wide otherwise I could even do dual 27" 16:9 monitors. In poker you don't care about bezels much.
Another reason I was looking to change monitor coz this AOC I2769VM is total crap. You can't do any casual gaming or enjoy videos on it.

I would not be gaming a lot that's why I was even considering RX 570 or GTX 1060 3GB.

I finished playing gears 4 & gears of war ultimate edition it was not great on it at all and now in 1 week gears 5 is also coming out. Also I played Apex Legends/PUBG PC but this monitor was total useless in any competitive games although I am not into competitive gaming at all as most of my life I played on console with gamepad had PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, etc. Console gaming is lot cheaper as I can rent PS4 games for like Rs.250/game which is top deal but I know console game is just 30fps and sucks compared to 60fps or higher PC gaming.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the cheapest option I could find for 30"+ size
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/lg-34-219-ultrawide-ips-curved-gaming-monitor-34uc79g/
Buy Online LG 34inch 1ms 165Hz Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (34UC79G) lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
This is the cheapest option I could find for 30"+ size
Buy Online LG 34 inch 21:9 UltraWide IPS Curved Gaming Monitor 34UC79G - in India
Buy Online LG 34inch 1ms 165Hz Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (34UC79G) lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com

I could spend upto 30K, There are many 32" screen under 30K but those are all 16:9 so they are too tall and hurts the neck. That's why I was looking of 21:9 as looking left to right is more convenient then looking higher.

Also I think max you would go for 1920*1080 16:9 screen is 27", is that right?
There are many 32" 16:9 but most are 1080p.

Other option is I can use two 24" 16:9 1080p monitor but then if I play game GTX 1660 would not be enough to drive that setup.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no issues with watching movies even on 50" 1080p TVs but can't say the same about gaming as I am not a gamer. Your only other option then would be to use dual monitor setup for poker etc & switch to single monitor for gaming.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I have no issues with watching movies even on 50" 1080p TVs but can't say the same about gaming as I am not a gamer. Your only other option then would be to use dual monitor setup for poker etc & switch to single monitor for gaming.

Yes coz we sit 8 feet from TV :boink:

I still like 2 feet max from the monitor so I think no sense going for 1080p for more then 27" screen coz in poker you have to see lot of texts. I already feel that 25" is max for 1080p as I have used 27" 1080p for 3 years it's not good for reading and multi tasking. I read that PPI should be 90 or more.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
Have you thought about using a projector?

Need dark room for it all the time and you can't get crispy/sharp text on entry level projectors. Also no space to mount it as it has to be certain distance from the wall/screen and you need white screen can't use my uneven room's wall.

I saw many 34" 21:9 screen for $300 to $400 on newegg US but I don't understand why they are like double there price in India.

I think I will get that LG 29" Ultra wide for 18k and see how it goes, if I run out of space then will use laptop on the side and open 2 poker tables there.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
A bit more like 50% when I looking for x570 mobos if US price was $200 then in India it was $300. It should ideally be opposite.
Don't understand why so much import taxes & custom duty in 3rd world country.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
~33% is govt taxes & above that it is dealers margin. India is not considered a 3rd world country anymore(more like 2.5) & differential pricing is there for software(e.g.some MS products like MS Office here cost much less than their US prices). It is just that for hardware it cannot be sold at loss so retail price must be higher than the price after all govt taxes & sufficient profit margin for dealers(else no one will be selling them in their shops). As for why govt put so much tax is because govt consider pc parts as kind of luxury goods(in the sense that people buying them can also afford them at higher prices or lower their product level unlike basic food where either you buy to eat or stay hungry) & in a country where hardly 5% of 1.2 billion population pay taxes,govt can't afford to miss out on any indirect tax source.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
In past I got some stuff from aliexpress like SSD, Smart Watch, Mobile, etc but I took risk. I was lucky that it didn't get stuck in custom.

But I don't think I will do it now as you don't get warranty in India (you do get warranty but you have to ship the item back to the seller which costs a lot) and if the product box is large like monitor or motherboard it is 100% guarantee to stuck at customs :aaargh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom