Pentium G2020 or i3 for everyday usage

OP
A

arunksblr

Broken In
I got all the components delivered today by the dealer. Can't wait for the weekend to stay building my pc.. :)

I have almost same configuration too with some minor change and all components are from snapdeal with 10% cask back.

1. MSI B85M-G43 Motherboard : 5900 - 10% = 5310
2. Intel i3-4130 : 8200 - 10% = 7380
3. Corsair DDR3 4GB Desktop RAM: 2794 - 10% = 2515
4. Antec VP450P SMPS : 2625 - 10% = 2363
5. HDD will buy locally (confused between WD red 2TB or Seagate 2tb sata3)
6. Case will buy locally (ColerMaster Elite 311)

URPradhan, how was your experience shopping at snapdeal? Though I have done online purchases in the past without any complaints, I haven't tried snapdeal. The prices were very competitive and I could have easily saved around 2.5k if I had purchased it from SD. But I had already placed the order with iTerials. Also users experience of shopping at snapdeal were not positive. So just wanted to know how was yours.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hi guys, finally im done with the configuration. Placed an order with iTerials (Binary World) for below components:
Intel i3 4130
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4GB, 1600 MHz
Western Digital Blue Caviar 1 Tb HDD
Antec VP450P
Cooler Master Elite 311
Asus DVD Writer
APC 600V
It went above my budget but I'm extremely satisfied with my selection of components. Having said that I still have a question!!
How beneficial it is to use the RAM in dual channel? In other words, will I get a significant boost using 2GB RAMs in dual channels? The reason I'm asking this is I have ordered single 4GB stick. Should I go with two 2GB sticks?

Also I've decided to build the system by myself. This is going to be my first build. Can I find some reliable tutorials or source to refer (most relevant to the components I'm using)? Please suggest..

congrats:) a balanced system indeed. post pics after getting it ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I got all the components delivered today by the dealer. Can't wait for the weekend to stay building my pc.. :)

URPradhan, how was your experience shopping at snapdeal? Though I have done online purchases in the past without any complaints, I haven't tried snapdeal. The prices were very competitive and I could have easily saved around 2.5k if I had purchased it from SD. But I had already placed the order with iTerials. Also users experience of shopping at snapdeal were not positive. So just wanted to know how was yours.

purchased many items from them for me and my friends and never had any bad experiences except with the delivery time which is often caused by bluedart guys

URPradhan

Journeyman

Believe me, I did not have a single problem for my recent buying experience and I'll strongly suggest you to tray them once. It may happen sometimes few might have bad experience, but I did not have.

SD price are lowest in any India stores like Flipkart, TheITDepot, primeABGB,TheItWares, etc.... and with addition to that I got 10% cash back offer :)

All my items were delivered ON order+2 days with nice packaging. Mainly the delivery by Delhivery.com is amazing, even better than bluedart/DHL :-O Yesterday night I have done the assembling and I'll post the pics soon :)

- - - Updated - - -

*i.imgur.com/1kgtEHx.jpg

*i.imgur.com/CCncXnh.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Lsg5v6F.jpg

*i.imgur.com/0dbltYm.jpg

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
what i got :D

*i.imgur.com/lGk67sO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Ao0dn68.jpg

*i.imgur.com/zrzfpkE.jpg