pentium 4 3.4 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
people I am into video/ audio related stuff .. right now have only 1.7 ghz processor .. want to upgrade to 3.4 ghz prescott .. or should i go for 3.2 ghz prescott ... anybody having any idea abt their price? ohh socket 478 only ..

pls advice

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
What is the primary usage for you ? If its just surfing and normal office applications, then I advice you stick to your current rig. No need to spend money on something that you wont be making optimum use of. My words may sound saintly but they are derived from experience.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Agree wid Zombie no need at all as u said u juz want 478soc and so it wont make much diff its juz wastin money datsy nothin else stick wid ur current rig.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
zombie said:
What is the primary usage for you ? If its just surfing and normal office applications, then I advice you stick to your current rig. No need to spend money on something that you wont be making optimum use of. My words may sound saintly but they are derived from experience.

he has said that he is into adio/video stuff ... and a 3.0 / 3.2 ghz prescott (socket 478) will make a big diff here ..

@yogi
if u want to upgrade then go for a socket 478 3.0 ghz prescott + asus p4c 800 e deluxe boar (intel 875p chipset) , this is the best combo u can get for socket 478 and it will give u awesome perfomance. keep in mind that the board does not have onboard video.

yogi7272 said:
people I am into video/ audio related stuff .. right now have only 1.7 ghz processor .. want to upgrade to 3.4 ghz prescott ..

Go for the highest clock speed you can afford. Will make a huge difference in video/audio encoding times. Combine it with a fast hard disk and any decent 512x2 meg memory.

Keith

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
ok thanks guys ... I already have asus p4p 800 e deluxe board but it is intel 865 pe chipset .. 875 board was too costly .. will go for 3.4 ghz and one thing .. anybody have idea abt its price and are the prices going to come down in a month? or i mean should i wait for a month ?

G

gxsaurav

865PE will do

what applicaton will u use, I guess Adobe Premiere & Sound forge will be a must, with After effects & Encode DVD IF REQUIRED

Pentium 4 3.4 GHz Prescott if possible with HT, the best U can get for this work, the higher clock speed the better & HT will help a LOT

1 GB RAM is a must with after effects, if possible 1.5GB

Go for a SATA HD

if U can go for AMD, then go for Asus A8V with Athlon64 3800+ Venice core, or even better dual core, for gfx needs simply buy a Geforce 6200 or Fx 5700, that will be enough

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Damn. I read he is NOT into AV stuff. Guys sorry for my selective perception. :oops:

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hi people as per ur advice i decided for 3.2 ghz as 3.4 ghz was not available at that time but the prices quoated for 3.2 was 11 k so i thought it was bit too much as i only needeed that processor in the month of nov/dec . so i decided to wait so prices can come down a bit but now i have heard that intel is going to stop production of socket 478 p 4 . so it will mean they will go upwards in prices .. so i asked for prices .. this is what i got

1. 3 ghz - 7600 k

2. 3.2 gz - 11 k

3. 3.4 ghz is not available

i am a bit confused as should i make my purchase right now or wait ..

also are these prices right ?

pls help .

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
yea they r to sum extend.well i'll suggest u to go for 3.0Ghz LGA775 wid 2mb L2 cache.dun wait if u want to change do it rite now if u'll wait for de price to cum down somthin nu will b available by dat time so waitin is not a gud idea and da proc i hav suggested will cum around 8k.yaa u can wait if u think u can go for dual core which i guess is not da case.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Aniruddh said:
yea they r to sum extend.well i'll suggest u to go for 3.0Ghz LGA775 wid 2mb L2 cache.dun wait if u want to change do it rite now if u'll wait for de price to cum down somthin nu will b available by dat time so waitin is not a gud idea and da proc i hav suggested will cum around 8k.yaa u can wait if u think u can go for dual core which i guess is not da case.

he needs a socket 478 procc ... the one u r suggesting i.e P4 630 (3.0 Ghz , 2mb L2) is lga-775.

@yogi
just go ahead n buy the 3.0 ghz for 7600/- .. its d best deal. there is no sense in investing 4 k more for a 3.2 ghz.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@mohit yea man i kno but i thought wen he is goin then why not 775 wid 2mb L2 cache and it will cum around 8k not a bad deal nywayz...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Aniruddh said:
@mohit yea man i kno but i thought wen he is goin then why not 775 wid 2mb L2 cache and it will cum around 8k not a bad deal nywayz...

but then he wont get a motherboard for free to support the lga-775 procc , rite ? it will be a bad deal buddy.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
people i have just made a very stupid mistake of changing the motherboard few weeks ago as my old 845 mobo crashed so i went a bought asus p4p 800 e deluxe 865 pe chipset board recently as i did not wanted to change the processor . but now the current processor seems slow for my audio/ video related softwares so hence the decision for new one .. otherwise i would definetely have gone for 630 or 640 p4 processor .. anyways i am just thinking abt the new processor now as my next system will be a dual core only ... maybe year later .. :D

now i have inquired more abt the rates .. there seems to be the price difference of 2 k between 3 and 3.2 ghz .. is it worth and pls some one post the prices of these processor so i can get a decent idea abt them ..

also should i wait or make a purchase ? i mean the prices will come down or climb up ? :roll:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@yogi
if the diff between 3 and 3.2 ghz (socket 478) is only 2k then u shud go for the 3.2 ghz ... it will be the best that u can buy before intel completely stops producing these chips .. and it will also be future proof for quite some time now.. so go ahead n buy it.. also upgrade your ram to atleast a gb if u want even better perfomance... and dont worry about ur board its a good board.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
thank u guys , specially mohit ... now i have decided to go for 3.2 ghz ..

will make the purchase in this month only and let u know the performance difference ... but can someone post its prices please ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom