PDA file system hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

poorlyduck

Broken In
its been in my mind for a while now and I didnt know who to ask, hopefully you guys here can help, I know the Reshack used to access dll files and other system files, I managed to change graphics in my computer following vishal tutorial. is there anyway that can be done in PDA phone, I own treo 700wx with windows mobile 5 and I was wondering how we can get to system files and change graphics there as well using reshack.
I was looking in windows folder to see if there is a folder system32 but I guess wm5 is different.
hopefully somone monster can pull this off, TIA

aceman

Broken In
poorlyduck said:
is there anyway that can be done in PDA phone, I own treo 700wx with windows mobile 5 and I was wondering how we can get to system files and change graphics there as well using reshack.
I don't believe that Reshack can be used on a Pocket Pc.Wince just has the look has the look and feel of Windows, The OS and the resource files,API's...etc are totally different from its desktop counterpart.
Yes the "The Graphics" aka "the Shell" can be customised,but what is the exact look and feel you are looking for ? I remeber one poor fellow was warned by apple for realising an iPhone skin in pocket pc.Use Microsoft Theme Generator for any simple customisation.

poorlyduck said:
I was looking in windows folder to see if there is a folder system32 but I guess wm5 is different.
Windows CE supports only four root keys (ie)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKEY_USERS
Thus it does not have the myraid of folders and keys which a desktop windows has.Thus there is no need for system 32, all the DLL's will be in the /Windows folder.

poorlyduck said:
hopefully somone monster can pull this off, TIA
This is quite easy actually . if you don't mind some programming you can pull this off yourself.Only take care that you don't brick your PDA.Look at this forum for more help *forum.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

poorlyduck said:
its posible to copy system files from PDA to computer? help please!
I do not get it.PC is X86 and Pocket Pc is ARM.They are binary incompatible.If you want to save some dlls from you phone ( I have no idea on how this will be usefull) in your pc you can but the DLLS won't run at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom