PCI Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogXP

Broken In
Hi,

Im going to assemble a AMD X2 based system with ASUS A8N-E Motherboard. Im installing a XFX 7800 PCIe Graphics card. The mobo dosent have onboard graphics but I need a back up Video card that I can slot in on one of the PCI slots. Which PCI based video card is a good buy , ill be using it only as a back up and no other purpose, plz suggest a few brands and prices to consider buying.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
well pci cards are so hard to find these days

i have been lookin for them since months

and only help u can get is at e-bay

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You don't need a backup card. Why do you assume your 7800 will fail?
But if you absolutely must have one, get a cheap X300 or 6200 PCI-E. I'm sure money isn't a problem since you can afford a X2 and a 7800.

OP
H

hotdogXP

Broken In
The reason I wanted a back up card is cuz the fan on my ASUS 9800XT i used to own a year ago had failed and I had a hectic time of repairing it running after the service ppl, fortunately I had the onboard graphics on my intel D865GBF mobo then... so I feel having a backup solution is no harm ..

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
vijay_7287 said:
^^^

he said to put one in the PCI slots !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I know he said PCI. But using a PCI card with a X2 is plain stupid. A 6200/X300 PCI-E dosen't cost much and is a million times better than a PCI card.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
drvarunmehta said:
vijay_7287 said:
^^^

he said to put one in the PCI slots !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I know he said PCI. But using a PCI card with a X2 is plain stupid. A 6200/X300 PCI-E dosen't cost much and is a million times better than a PCI card.

well his mobo has only one pcie slot dude :evil: :evil:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Ohh relax Vijay! drvarun meant to suggest using the other 6200/x300 in spare just incase the monster fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom