PCI slot fan for GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
I purchased it on 7/9/11 and it's clearly written
Warranty-With 3 Years Warranty from Manufacturer.:(Whats wrong?Something out of the ordinary?
And I purchased it from this Ebay shop-*myworld.ebay.in/indiainfotech1/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks for the shop link and check here about the 2 years warranty :

Sapphire Technology Web Site

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Ohk.2 years warranty is okay with me,even though I was promised 3. :( But,can anyone find me a system/GPU cooler as per the conditions in my first post?I can stretch my budget.I want to pay via cheque/DD/cash.
Lynx hasn't restocked their items yet and I am worried about running my PC with the case open.I am sure,it would clog my GPU with dust much faster.And I don't wanna void the warranty on my card.:).Any help would be much welcome.
Regards,
moltenskull.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ your load gpu temp in safe zone - no need for a gpu cooler - if you don't want to keep the cabby side panel open get a good cabinet ( mention your budget ).

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
I can't buy a new case,at least not now.So,I want to add some case fans.Will 120mm fans fit in my pc-HP p6140in?It currently has a single 92mm(maybe) fan.Will two 120mm fans fit?(one on the side panel and another at the back of the case)Please help me out,I am really confused about what to do.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
post a few pics of your cabby so that we can have a better idea about your cabby.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hello,
I took my PC to a computer shop.They told me that 80mm fans would be fine and showed me that 120mm fans would be too large ie they would not fit.:(
So,I ordered two of these-
Flipkart: Cooler Master BC 80 mm White LED Fan Cooler: Cooler
Are they okay or I could have got a better deal? :?: I am still open to suggestions.
Will post back with results in a day or two i.e. whether there is proper airflow within the case or not etc.One thing more,I have a stock 92mm fan at present.Should I replace that one with an 80mm one coz it is very slow in pushing air out of my already cramped cabinet?
Thanks a lot everyone for your help and patience and a special thanks to topgear for consistently answering my questions.:)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the deal is very good and even I'm using those fans ;-)

if the 92mm fan ( at rear side of the cabby ? ) is too slow replace it with a new 80mm fan.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Woah!Added the extra fans today!Keeps the temperature exactly the same as with the cabinet open!Never thought a couple of fans could have made such a difference...... :D.....Earlier,with the case closed,the card was idling in the mid-50's ,now it idles at 45(Temperature here is 36'C)!Thank you,everyone !:) Load temps are down to 68'C from 74'C! :)
Topgear-I did not replace the 92mm fan at the back because there are no suitable mounts for an 80mm fan.And thanks a lot for your help! :)
Regards,
moltenskull.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice to know the temps went down .. stay cool for the rest of the summer season ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom