Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
what do u mean by PCI cards? Do u mean Graphic PCI card. If so then they are now non-existent in the market.
all other addon cards like soundcard, modem, etc. are available in pci, they have not moved to pci-x

eagle_y2j

Youngling
PCI (peripheral component interconnect) is running technology in market for many devices like PCI modem,Sound Card ,PCI-wifi,Lan cards and much more and till now every mobo is coming with atleast 2 slots..........

Hence Proved that pci cards still in existence

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Official Techie said:
ya i mean pci grapjhices card i thought of buying one good one

U will get a PCI based graphics card....but..it will be really,really be of no use for playing games......

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You have a 815 mobo which means you have a Pentium III processor and SD RAM. No matter which graphics card you buy, you can't play games because the rest of the system is really slow. You'll just have to buy a whole new rig.

OP
Official Techie

Official Techie

In the zone
see i have p4 512 ram 80 gb hdd 845 mobo but it supports only pci cards but 815 also supports agp cards so i would like to buy one agp card

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I fear dat the older 815 mobo has 2x AGP nd todays 8x cards are only compatible on 8x or 4x slots. Even the voltages employed on 1x/2x and 4x/8x are different.

So i suggest get a cheap 845 mobo with AGP slot nd buy a Gcard say a 6600non GT. Dun waste money on GT as the other system config is low nd u can't utilize it to the maximum nd a 2Ghz intel proc is bare min for todays games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom