pc wont boot after months

bestpain

good advicer
my pc is not booting now....last time i used it was 8 months ago and it was working fine ,but today when i tried to start it then its powering on,led is on,all fans are working but after 5-7 sec the pc keeps on restarting itself ...i cant see anything on the monitor ...sometimes i can see the motherboard logo on the monitor but then pc restarts and screen goes black.
its current configuration is intel i3 3220,gigabyte b75 d3h, 2 x 4gb corsair ddr3 ram, 1tb wd hdd,corsair 430cx psu,sapphire 1gb 7770hd gpu.
i tried swapping my ram in different slots ,tried using single ram,completely disassembled and reassembled the pc ,cleaned it,tried using an bootable linux pen drive but still no boot screen shows,removed gpu and used motherboard vga port still no luck.
what should be wrong please help????

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Attach a speaker to mobo (there's a 4 pin connector on it) if your cabinet does not have one. Start the PC with only SMPS and motherboard. Short the pins where power button wires connect to mobo pins to start it. If the basic system of BIOS, CPU & Board is working you should hear a few beeps indicating missing RAM. If this is thru start connecting one component at a time and isolate the issue. Many a time dying mobo gives this kind of behavior, but it can't still be generalized.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting that speaker though may be an issue.I bought one from ebay years ago for around 200 I think but now they are selling for ~500 on amazon,ebay etc.Maybe local pc shopkeepers still sell them at reasonable rates.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Usually most cabinets do have one built in speaker. Not too sure about branded one's though.
All PCs that I have built for personal use had unbranded cabinets (<1000 Rs) and all came with a speaker.
500 Rs is too much for a mobo speaker!! You get a whole basic cabinet in just 800 Rs.

I guess what they are selling on ebay and amazon must be imported items for that price.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ironically it is indeed true that generic cabinets have onboard speaker but branded ones don't.It is not an expensive product though & my guess is with even a basic electronics/soldering knowledge one can assemble such a speaker.It is indeed imported pieces that are costing so much on online sites but in local markets price should be much lower.

Top Bottom