CoolerMaster HAF 912
Coolermaster 500 Thunder
benQ rl2455hm

I use my PC to play games : Dota2, CoD:Ghosts, Diablo, Strife, CS:Go

I was thinking to Changing the Following
Motherboard 2 an Asus Sabertooth
PSU to Corsair RM750
Graphic Card to R9 290 or 280x

Any Suggestions??? also what would be the prices in laminton road, Primebgb prices for certain things are higher than flipkart etc

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
if you do not have any problems with the current board, there is no need to upgrade it. also for gpu, better wait for a while for newer ones. better change psu now. 650W is fine if you will be keeping only a single gpu.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Better upgrade only PSU for now and wait. New Cards are coming. Also Motherboard upgrade wont fetch any noticeable performance change so unless you are running short of something like Extra Slots / USB Ports etc don't do it.

Btw If You are planning on SLI /CF in future better get a 750W one. If Single then 650W is sufficient for most cards. Don't go cheap on PSU. It is one of the two parts which truly are future-proof. Invest in a good Brand like Corsair or Seasonic etc.

OP
F

funfex

Journeyman
Can u suggest me which PSU do i get and from were??? can spend upto 10-12k for it and then i have upto 40k for the GPU in dec, which cards gonna be releases that i should be w8in for :p???

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Corsair RM750 750 Watts PSU - Corsair : Flipkart.com - 8.9K Its a 80+ GOLD Certified one with 3 Year warranty.

New GPU are Maxwell series from nVidia. Expected by this Year End or First quarter of Next Year.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get Seasonic G650 which comes with 5 years of warranty. or get Seasonic SS-850KM3 with 7 years of warranty which will be CF/SLI friendly(if you would like to spend 12k and planning on dual gpu later).

OP
F

funfex

Journeyman
I am thinking of purchasing Seasonic SS-850KM3, but the RM series is much cheaper... is it better to the 80gold or should i save money and go with the bronze??
Also wont the R290 be better than the Maxwell series price/performance wise???

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
^^ Can't tell about Maxwell Performance now. Cards are not out yet :) They may be better or maybe not so much.

OP
F

funfex

Journeyman
Is the 970 really better than the R9 290??? coz there are no proper reviews out yet..... too many paid reviews :(!!!!
Coz both cards cost around 33k(non reference) .... is it worth getting the 970 or should i just get the R9 290?

sniperz1

Journeyman
Is the 970 really better than the R9 290??? coz there are no proper reviews out yet..... too many paid reviews :(!!!!
Coz both cards cost around 33k(non reference) .... is it worth getting the 970 or should i just get the R9 290?

Gtx 970 is on par with R9 290x performing better in some and loosing in some.
primeabgb.com/zotac-geforce-gtx-970-zt-90101-10p-graphic-card.html ~ 27.5k

*media.bestofmicro.com/T/7/454651/original/Avg-Perf-1080.png

I am expecting the prices to fall more in coming weeks with the release of new GPU's. So its better to wait some more time if there's no hurry.

OP
F

funfex

Journeyman
:Bump:

Going to Buy a Graphic Card on Tuesday
Do i get the Asus Strix Gtx 970 or Asus R9 290x(its only 24k on flipkart)???

Also PSU i am getting the Seasonic x-series 850

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Keep your present Mobo and get a new GPU + PSU.

GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB -30k
PSU - Corsair TX650 -7.5k
TOTAL -37.5k

[strike]Direct CU II is available @27k

@OP upgrade PSU to Seasoninc S12II 620W ~6k and wait for Q1 2015 to be over. [/strike]

don't notice it was an old thread. Get Seasonic S12II 620 W ~6k + Asus Strix 970. Of you want to save some bucks, get Asus DCU II 290 for 21k from golcha computers.

[strike]Direct CU II is available @27k

@OP upgrade PSU to Seasoninc S12II 620W ~6k and wait for Q1 2015 to be over. [/strike]

don't notice it was an old thread. Get Seasonic S12II 620 W ~6k + Asus Strix 970. Of you want to save some bucks, get Asus DCU II 290 for 21k from golcha computers.

+1 to this, but if you do want CF ,better get a 750w one as 1 r9 290 alone would gobble 300 watt of power

Top Bottom