PC turns off and Motherboard light blinks

BanMidou

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I just bought Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card with Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU added those with my Intel DG43GT motherboard and Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHZ Processor with 4 GB DDR2 Ram.

I am facing a problem, my pc runs for few minutes and its switches off and motherboard light is blinking, I changed the PSU with 450 Watts.. same problem, when I remove the Graphics Card its working fine, is the Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 not compatible with the motherboard???

Please help me :-(

sumanrbr

Hi,

I just bought Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card with Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU added those with my Intel DG43GT motherboard and Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHZ Processor with 4 GB DDR2 Ram.

I am facing a problem, my pc runs for few minutes and its switches off and motherboard light is blinking, I changed the PSU with 450 Watts.. same problem, when I remove the Graphics Card its working fine, is the Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 not compatible with the motherboard???

Please help me :-(

It happened to me 6 years back...when i tried to run my old pc (500watt smps) with palit geforce 9800gt .. it had no power inputs ...I gone to that shop again and they tested and changed my graphic card with 9600gt... after that it was ok for almost 1.5 yrs...then again same problem .... stupid zabronics psu......then i bought cooler master 600w...its still working great...but the problem is my gigabyte motherboard and 9600gt graphic card both gone.... now i use intel motherboard, i5 and hd graphics with same cooler master psu...

u wont believe i had the same cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHZ with ddr2 ram. u should try to calculate the total power consumption by ur cpu.. processor power+motherboard power+hard disc power etc. my old gigabyte motherboard had power leakage issue. it used to take most of the power leaving less power for gpu.. and this power problem damaged my graphic card also.

so i suggest you should check your motherboard first. go to to any local hardware repair shop and check...or ur cpu and and motherboard r very old...maybe they r not compatible with your gpu

OP
B

BanMidou

Thank you sumanrbr... me too checked few sites many posted tat Intel DG43GT is less compatible with the Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770... for time being I removed my Graphics card... and trying to replace my motherboard and CPU with newer ones..

TechPrince

Broken In
Try this :
Download DDU.
Start windows in safe mode.
Use DDU to uninstall all your previous drivers from safe mode.
Now restart in normal mode and install 14.12 drivers from the site.

If this doesn't work then check Intel's website for BIOS updates. Usually BIOS updates fixes this.

Top Bottom