PC Suggested Configs

quicky008

Technomancer
today as i was checking amazon for pc cabinets i found that there are 2 models of Corsair SPEC 01 for sale-one was the plane old version with a red LED fan and another one that apparently comes with a RGB fan!

But i couldn't find any info on the RGB variant of this cabinet after a bit of googling-corsair's official website has no info on it either.

Does anyone know whether a variant of SPEC 01 with RGB fan does exist or not?

today as i was checking amazon for pc cabinets i found that there are 2 models of Corsair SPEC 01 for sale-one was the plane old version with a red LED fan and another one that apparently comes with a RGB fan!

But i couldn't find any info on the RGB variant of this cabinet after a bit of googling-corsair's official website has no info on it either.

Does anyone know whether a variant of SPEC 01 with RGB fan does exist or not?
I think earlier SPEC 01 had a blue LED variant as well. Anyways, RGB variants with 2 fans seem to exist in amazon, not the best choice for 4k though. Normal SPEC 01 used to be under 3k.

This has 4x 120mm fans pre-installed at 4.2k.
Ant Esports ICE-511MT Auto RGB (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet With Tempered Glass Side Panel And Controller (Black)

MSI MAG Forge 100M is sometimes close to 4k.

quicky008

Technomancer
whats strange is that even though a version of spec 01 with RGB fans apparently exists,no info (including reviews,unboxing videos etc) is available anywhere on the internet on this particular variant-even on corsair's official website.

funskar

Padawan
There is no point of getting a 750W bronze PSU. If components need anywhere close to that much power, better invest in gold rated ones. CV650 at under 5k is good for mid-range GPUs, like upto 3060/3060Ti, if you want. But better spend more for a better PSU if you can, will be better, liek Tier B gold rated ones:
PSU Tier List

Amazon.in: Buy SilverStone Viva 650 Gold 650W 80 Plus Non-Modular ATX SMPS Power Supply Online at Low Prices in India | SilverStone Reviews & Ratings
This seems to be a new launch, is a Tier B one for a great deal. IMO get this over CV650, worth it. Non-modular though, unlike some higher-priced ones, like CM MWE 650 Gold for ~7k.

650W will suffice upto RTX 3070. Better get 750W gold for something higher, just to be safe.
after dscnt getting this for 5.7k .. or shud add another 1.3k more n get mwe 650gold

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
whats strange is that even though a version of spec 01 with RGB fans apparently exists,no info (including reviews,unboxing videos etc) is available anywhere on the internet on this particular variant-even on corsair's official website.

looks like a India specific version

after dscnt getting this for 5.7k .. or shud add another 1.3k more n get mwe 650gold
MWE 650 Gold is modular, viva 650 isn't, hence its cheap. So more cables to manage at the back of cabinet & lot of loose wires which you aren't using. So, your call if you want modular or not. Silverstone is a big brand as well, not as big as CM, but makes far better PSUs than el cheapo brands.

funskar

Padawan
MWE 650 Gold is modular, viva 650 isn't, hence its cheap. So more cables to manage at the back of cabinet & lot of loose wires which you aren't using. So, your call if you want modular or not. Silverstone is a big brand as well, not as big as CM, but makes far better PSUs than el cheapo brands.
modular will look neat..

funskar

Padawan
ordered ARCTIC Freezer 34 Esports Duo msgd the seller.. seller replied we will send u all brackets and fittings if still it doesnt fit then u can return it

quicky008

Technomancer
quick question:does one need to remove any installed optical drive before attempting to take off the front panel of a cabinet? (model spec 01 corsair)

K_akash_i

Journeyman
u mean this?
Screenshot from 2021-08-27 20-06-55.png

Top Bottom