PC Suggested Configs

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't wanna have the discussion there and confuse OP with bit off topic discussion, so hijacked here. I hope you don't mind. And I hope this will be a healthy discussion and won't turn into fight ;)

Yeah, I get that. He has some good amount subscribers. And he is too technical. :thumbs:
He commented that he has to spend from his own pockets to buy the products he reviews, and he don't wanna buy every single one of 'em esp. when it's not paying.

Yeah, Steve's test results pretty much aligned with Buildzoids views. And none of ASUS and Gigabyte made it to Steve's top 5. :wow:

I couldn't watch the whole of the second video (Level1), I kinda felt sleepy even in the day time. It's too long. I would prefer reading reviews instead of watching looong videos. Yes, buildzoid was happy only with MSI Carbon's VRM but not okay with it's BIOS. He hasn't wholeheartedly said one single B450 is good in all the areas.

Going by buildzoid, MSI/Asrock has better VRM in their B series boards but not so good wrt BIOS. Not everyone of us can afford Crosshair Hero. I have read reviews where ASUS B series board overclocking 2600x to 4-4.1 and to use @ stock it's pretty much okay to go with any decent B series board even Octa core.
No problem :) a good discussion is always useful for everyone.

You are right that buildzoid only praised MSI B450 mobos(2-3 models to be precise) but that is good enough.e.g.if someone is getting a 2700x then obviously the minimum one should spend on mobo is at least 12-13k & gaming pro carbon ac fits perfectly in this price range.The bios option he was unhappy about mostly relates to absence of precision boost overdrive in 2xxx series processors in msi bios which I think can be compensated by manually overclocking all cores the old school way(still confirm it first).Even without OC if someone is running his 2700x system at 90%+ load for several hours a day then too gaming pro carbon is the best choice.

You may be right about Asus B450 mobos working fine with stock/moderate OC 2600x but I think this holds true only for moderate cpu load conditions.e.g.a stock/moderate OC 2600x at 35% cpu usage will still draw lesser power than same situation but with 75% cpu usage which is where the quality of VRMs play a significant role.

Reactions: nac

hareesh

Broken In
Hello all,
My old work horse Intel DG33BU motherboard is ageing and I want to replace it. .
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 is the processor I use,with two DDR2 RAMs.
I am not a gamer and usually use the PC to surf the net,watching YouTube Videos or Stream movies.
As the processor is still good, I do not want to change it nor I want to replace the HDDs. But I have no qualms in replacing RAMs with a latest one.
Please suggest a good motherboard .
Thank You !!

hareesh

Broken In
Hello all,
My old work horse Intel DG33BU motherboard is ageing and I want to replace it. .
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 is the processor I use,with two DDR2 RAMs.
I am not a gamer and usually use the PC to surf the net,watching YouTube Videos or Stream movies.
As the processor is still good, I do not want to change it nor I want to replace the HDDs. But I have no qualms in replacing RAMs with a latest one.
Please suggest a good motherboard .
Thank You !!

Please suggest me a good cabinet too.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^All you can get is this:
*www.amazon.in/Zebronics-Motherboard-ZEB-G31-Socket-775/dp/B019N24Q6O
*www.amazon.in/Kingston-KVR800D2N6-...=UTF8&qid=1540931715&sr=1-3&keywords=ddr2+ram
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-Carbide-CC-9011050-WW-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00I6BJATW

hareesh

Broken In
^^All you can get is this:
*www.amazon.in/Zebronics-Motherboard-ZEB-G31-Socket-775/dp/B019N24Q6O
*www.amazon.in/Kingston-KVR800D2N6-...=UTF8&qid=1540931715&sr=1-3&keywords=ddr2+ram
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-Carbide-CC-9011050-WW-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00I6BJATW

Thank You for the advice !

So , does that imply that my Core 2 Duo E4500 wont fit to any new motherboards ?
Actually I want to upgrade my PC in this disguise :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
After core2duo came intel core i processors which are currently at 8th generation so no.Currently used core2duo sells for ~400.If you want to upgrade your pc then create a new thread in pc configuration section(read the sticky post first about how to ask for pc configuration in that section).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can either get G31 or 945 chipset board. You can even opt for G41 board, but you have to get DDR3 memory for that. Most of these G31/945 from Zebronics, Foxin, Mercury doesn't seem to come with 4 memory slots. If you already have 2 sticks, then there is no point in getting more no. of sticks unless what you have is very low capacity sticks.

If you have no plan of upgrading to new gen chip (the core components alone would costs about 12k minimum), then go ahead with your plan. I bought G31 board about 1.5yrs ago. 6 months later one of my memory stick gone kaput, about a year later one of the memory slot gone kaput. Few weeks ago when the climate was cold, PC hanged. In my view, it's no point in spending money for old rig esp. when it's not reliable. But these boards costs about 2k, so you can give it a try. This way you can use it for a year or so, if you're lucky even longer. Later you can think about upgrade.

hareesh

Broken In
I think I have confused you guys with my Qn....:aaargh:

Im sorry for that! I will try to be more specific this time.

1. My Motherboard is creating problems.
So I want to replace that. As my core2duo is working well, Im not intending to change that.
2. So my question is , if I buy a new generation motherboard , will it support my Core2duo? Iam ready to change the RAMs as well to the new type.

3. Any pointers to motherboard and a budget cabinet will be appreciated.

Thank you

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Can you please define "new" here?

By "new" you mean, sealed/boxed unused item, then you can get the suggested one. Same chipset board is available from other brands as well - Foxin, Mercury. Though these are new, they are about a decade old tech. Your processor is only capable with those chipset boards, not any other boards.

What's the RAM capacity you have?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I have confused you guys with my Qn....:aaargh:

Im sorry for that! I will try to be more specific this time.

1. My Motherboard is creating problems.
So I want to replace that. As my core2duo is working well, Im not intending to change that.
2. So my question is , if I buy a new generation motherboard , will it support my Core2duo? Iam ready to change the RAMs as well to the new type.

3. Any pointers to motherboard and a budget cabinet will be appreciated.

Thank you
Your core2duo processor is more than 10 years old so obviously it will not work with any latest gen mobo.Same is the case with ram.Your core2duo will not support latest ddr4 ram either.Get the mobo from the amazon link I posted earlier.

hareesh

Broken In
Can you please define "new" here?

By "new" you mean, sealed/boxed unused item, then you can get the suggested one. Same chipset board is available from other brands as well - Foxin, Mercury. Though these are new, they are about a decade old tech. Your processor is only capable with those chipset boards, not any other boards.

What's the RAM capacity you have?

Yeah , I meant Sealed one.

hareesh

Broken In
Your core2duo processor is more than 10 years old so obviously it will not work with any latest gen mobo.Same is the case with ram.Your core2duo will not support latest ddr4 ram either.Get the mobo from the amazon link I posted earlier.

Ok...
Thank you

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD Gaming RIG (GTX1080)
Budget -164K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 7 2700x -30k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -13k
Graphics Card -Zotac GTX 1080 8GB Mini -44k
RAM -Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB (8GBx2) -22k
SSD -ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Gen3x4 M.2 SSD -17k
Power Supply -Antec EarthWatts Gold Pro-750w -8k