PC slows down with almost 90% CPU usage

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
It is but it has one annoying bug currently,when the default program is changed to some 3rd part program(e.g.browser,video player etc) then one gets a notification when such file is opened on double clicking for the first time after every login.
Oh interesting. Even windows 8.1 has this issue. I never really gave any attention to it, as I always hibernate, so these notifications don't appear often.
ImageGlass is nice. But I like Potplayer, it is a audio video player, but it works well for images too. Its best feature is auto hiding UI. So when the mouse is not on the window, only images appear, which looks very neat. Bringing the mouse on the window makes the the UI appear, so it can be used normally.
Screenie:
*i.imgur.com/b9vzknz.png

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know but the thing is that not all images work correctly(sometimes orientation) with the madvr renderer that I use so I don't use it as image viewer plus I like to keep photo viewer & video player program separate(just personal preference & a bit easier to do some troubleshooting).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
LTSC version? It is good enough for typical uses & for those who never plan on using apps/games from MS store.For gamers though it may not be enough considering some latest driver/os changes won't be coming to LTSC(e.g.the latest ryzen thread scheduler patch by microsoft which improved the performance of ryzen processors won't be coming to LTSC).

Nah, I was talking about about heavily modified home ( **ahem** ) edition.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah, I was talking about about heavily modified home ( **ahem** ) edition.
Home version is pretty useless,try pro/enterprise version with MTK toolkit to customize it.Check mydigitallife forums,best place for all things windows/MS related related to tweaking & "ahem" methods for research purposes(DAZ,the same "ahem loader" creator, is an admin of this forum). Need registration to see all good posts but it is worth it so I suggest registering there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Home version is pretty useless,try pro/enterprise version with MTK toolkit to customize it.Check mydigitallife forums,best place for all things windows/MS related related to tweaking & "ahem" methods for research purposes(DAZ,the same "ahem loader" creator, is an admin of this forum). Need registration to see all good posts but it is worth it so I suggest registering there.

Team-OS forum is also good for such educational purposes ;)

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Decided to do a "Reset" on my Win10.

Seems there are two types of system reset( 3 actually)

1. Reset (minimal impact but clean install)
2. Fresh Start (reinstalls keeping some apps)
3. New Start (Complete new setup)

Plan to proceed in this order. If one fails move to another.

Let me know if anyone tried option one ever. Would like to know the experience.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Try this Process Manager, if u haven't already.
This is one of the best Process manager than the default Task Manager.

Process Lasso

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
1. Reset (minimal impact but clean install)
2. Fresh Start (reinstalls keeping some apps)
3. New Start (Complete new setup)

With "Windows" I think 3rd should be the *only* option. Take backups and then backup of those backups.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
With "Windows" I think 3rd should be the *only* option. Take backups and then backup of those backups.
lol, correct.

Took backup. However this time most of my files were already synced with OneDrive so, less effort in backup.

Did reset of Windows last night.

It removed all 3rd party applications (even those downloaded from MS Store).
But, kept all My Documents files.

System feels a lot less laggy now.

FF, and Opera were synced so, extension installation and losing bookmarks are not of concern this time.

System was up and usable by 3PM today.

Top Bottom