I have a desktop having the following configuration :-
i7 2700k
intel media series z68 chipset mobo
Corsair vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
seagate 1 tb hdd
msi gtx560ti hawk 1gb
600w zebronics platinum psu
zebronics invader cabinet
i also have a logitech g510 keyboard and g300 mouse and a cooler master hyper 212 evo cooler.

The problem is whenever i play games on my computer, after sometime, my computer just restarts. even if i set the game settings to low, it restarts. msi afterburner reports that at low settings, my gpu takes 400-500mb of gpu memory.
all the temps are normal when i don't play anything and when i play,
cpu =65-70
gpu-70max
but, gpu memory temp goes upto 100 and also the vram shoots up to 80 degrees. Even if i override the fan settings to 90%, still gpu memory is at 80-90degrees. My cabinet is well ventilated and has 6 six fans in total to control airflow and they are really good a it.
Please help me as to why my comp restarts.
By the way, while playing split second, driver sf play properly, maxpayne 3 and dirt 3,it might or might not but gta 4 restarts after around 5-10mins.
Also my cabinet as completely clean as i regularly clean it. Also I assembled it only a month ago.
Also I have installed latest drivers for everything, latest software. have bitdefender total security and windows 7 64-bit ultimate os. tried reinstalling the os but doesn't work.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Change your 600w zebronics platinum psu ASAP. It is one of the worst possible desi PSU available in the market.
It is the culprit and reason of the freazing problem. If you do not change it ASAP, it have the capability to burn processor + motherboard + graphics card.

You should also look at: www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supp...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

Buy Corsair GS600 @4K
or if you want a better solution, then
Corsair TX650V2 @5.5K

About overheating issue, The cabinet you are using i.e. zebronics invader cabinet is very bad cabinet to have config like what you have. It have fans, but airflow direction and pressure is bad, very bad.

You need to buy at least:
NZXT Source 210 @2.4K
to save the components from overheating.

NitroZ

Right off the assembly line
There is dust and dirt in your heat sink

PSU (SMPS) is the main culprit but cleaning heat-sink and fan helps in reduction of CPU Temp

The restarts is mainly due to core overheating

OP
M

Mr.Perfect

Right off the assembly line
Yes I know that if temps are high, system restarts. But I am always constantly monitoring my temps all the time. I have set MSI Afterburner to show real time temp readings on my keyboard display. There is no guarantee that system restarts at high temps. A lot of times, the systems works fine for 30mins or so at high temps (cpu-57,ram-50,hdd-45,gpu-70,vram-90-100 degrees). Also I just bought the system a month ago and I regularly clean it. So there is no chance of dust being present around the heatsinks. Also how to know if psu is overheating or not. Touching its outer case, it seems completely cool.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I've said earlier, PC restarts due to the supply of lower power than required. PSu is the culprit.
Did you skip my post? :unsure:

Top Bottom