PC Pauses After Connecting to the Net!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushab143

Broken In
Hey All!

I'm running into this problem where my PC pauses for around 2-3 minutes after I connect to the internet.

Here's a detailed explanation of my problem

I connect to the internet and then when I open Firefox to browse, my PC pauses and after some 2-3 minutes it runs fine.

Also what happens is if I play a "downloaded flash movie" on any .FLV player (any size) or watch a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM my PC makes a noise. The PC runs fine, but the CPU usage is around 40-50% even when I play a small file.

Please note: My PC does not have a problem in playing MovieDVD's, CD'S. Its only the .flv movies, quicktime movies, DVD-ROMS and CD-ROMS that seem to have a problem.

These are my computer specs:- Intel Pentium D940, Asus P5WD2, 2GB 667Mhz RAM, ATI Radeon x300, 160GB SATA.

Please help me out. Thanks.

OP
R

rushab143

Broken In
I guess you have got the question wrong. What happens is as soon as I connect to my internet, by double clicking the network icon, my pc just pauses. So there's nothing to do with stopping java or restarting firefox, because this happens everytime just for the initial 2-3 minutes and then everything runs fine.

Whta about the issue where I said I had a problem playing the .flv videos?

It would help if someone can give detailed solutions. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom