PC Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

homiyar

Right off the assembly line
I have a PentiumIII 1 GHZ PC with an Intel 82810 chipset motherboard. The system gives one long beep repeatedly during POST and does not boot. It gives the same beep even if I switch on the PC after removing the RAM. I also want to know the frequency of the RAM in the system. It has a 128MB RAM module in it at the moment. Kindly send me a solution.
Regards.
Homiyar.

Last edited:

sainit

Journeyman
hi dude,

U have not mentioned which BIOS u r using. BTW try to check ur memory. Try to insert this in another slot or put any other stick in the slot. u can get one from any of ur friend.

bye

OP
H

homiyar

Right off the assembly line
ilugd said:
seems like the RAM is busted
Thanks for the solution. The PC gives the same beep even if I switch it on after removing the RAM. Can you let me know how to find out the frequency of the RAM module.
Regards.
Homiyar.

sainit said:
hi dude,

U have not mentioned which BIOS u r using. BTW try to check ur memory. Try to insert this in another slot or put any other stick in the slot. u can get one from any of ur friend.

bye

Thanks for the solution. I think the system is using a Phoenix BIOS. Can I get this beep if the Keyboard Port has gone bad? That is the only Port on the motherboard that's onboard. Kindly send a solution.
Regards.
Homiyar.

Last edited:

techmax

Broken In
homiyar said:
It gives the same beep even if I switch on the PC after removing the RAM.

how can a computer work without it ,it will surely give long beeps

most probably ur ram has died or there is a prob with the mobo ram slot check ur ram in ur friend's system if it gives the same beeps then it is gone for sure
else ur memory slot on the mobo is gone

the frequency would most probably be 100 or 133 mhz as it is SD ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom