Broken In
Hi All,

My room mate just bought a PC and i helped him choose. His config is:

AMD 7750 @ 2.7 GHz
Palit 780G AA
2 Gb Corsair ram 800 MHz
250 GB HDD
20" Samsung monitor
Others inclue Zebronics Cabinet, Microsoft KB+Mouse, and Creative SBS speakers.

The problem that we are facing is that the system is not booting up. For a few days it didnt boot. Then someday it just started out of the blue. And it went well for 2 weeks. After that suddenly again while running, it went dead, and its not booting up any more. Monitor is not finding any signal. The fans are running fine everywhere. The HDD is rotating. But, nothing else is happening. Almost as if the MB does not exist.

When it was down for first time, we took to a shop here in BBSR and changed the monitor, PSU, put in a graphics card, nothing worked. Then we took to velocity in Kolkata, wehre we bought the pc other than cabinet and monitor. They connected and it started working. We couldnt figure out anything as when we came back to BBSR, iot went out again.

Please suggest some ways to solve this problem. :(

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
the place where the system is kept could be faulty (moisture,etc) other than tht.
"Monitor is not finding any signal." -->check for the connections properly.
try changing the location of the pc

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Seems..like a RAM issue..or PSU. Is your wall power outlet fine..try it some where else..since it worked at the vendors..?

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
Hi All,

My room mate just bought a PC and i helped him choose. His config is:

AMD 7750 @ 2.7 GHz
Palit 780G AA
2 Gb Corsair ram 800 MHz
250 GB HDD
20" Samsung monitor
Others inclue Zebronics Cabinet, Microsoft KB+Mouse, and Creative SBS speakers.

The problem that we are facing is that the system is not booting up. For a few days it didnt boot. Then someday it just started out of the blue. And it went well for 2 weeks. After that suddenly again while running, it went dead, and its not booting up any more. Monitor is not finding any signal. The fans are running fine everywhere. The HDD is rotating. But, nothing else is happening. Almost as if the MB does not exist.

When it was down for first time, we took to a shop here in BBSR and changed the monitor, PSU, put in a graphics card, nothing worked. Then we took to velocity in Kolkata, wehre we bought the pc other than cabinet and monitor. They connected and it started working. We couldnt figure out anything as when we came back to BBSR, iot went out again.

Please suggest some ways to solve this problem. :(

Are there any beep sounds coming 4m mobo or check the temperature whenever it boots.

OP
Mike84

Mike84

Broken In
Hmm... there is a problem of earthing in our room(there is no earthing :p). But well, i have kept my own laptop very carelessly in the same room, and its still running like a jet.. :D . No moisture problem. There is insect problem, but there's nothing in the cabinet as yet... :p
We took a shop here and he changed the psu to the coolermaster 500W Ext pwr. But still it didnt work.
Ram's fine. took it to a friend's place and used there.
Connections are as tight as a screwdriver can screw it in... :p We have got a DVI connector thinking the D-sub one might have some problem. It was the same problem. Altough when it ran, it ran with the DVI one only. Exchanged and tested all the ram and sata slots avaliable as well.
Havent checked the temparatures properly, but there's no spike anywhere. Its like normal HDD rotation is there, fans are running properly. But the <peep> sound that comes during a proper boot is not coming. Might be because the internal speakers are not connected, but i cant be sure.

Hmm if it helps in any way... there's little connection problem in the cabinet. The power light and restart button dont work at all. Never did.

Thing is that it did run properly for 2 weeks... under same condition. Suddenly it stopped working again like earlier. :(

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
"Hmm... there is a problem of earthing in our room(there is no earthing :p) "
lolmao..bt i think we weighed all the possibilities,still no solution!

" there's little connection problem in the cabinet. The power light and restart button dont work at all. Never did." -->the only reason remaining.maybe it worked earlier by fluke :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom