PC is not starting !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
My pc was working properly last night.I started my pc in morning..it didnt start...I got error.. Bootmanager coruppt..... after other restarted new errror " system halted "..

ab to display bhi nhi aa rha h ...and not able to get into BIOS..

help me guys....

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
>_< Dear God man! How on Earth do you expect people to understand when you are using morse codes between sentences. You have a full-fledged board with each key for each alphabet right. How hard is it to be relevantly detailed and not use so many dots? And why are you using 5850 with that psu?
No biggie
Correction: No biggie, assuming its not a HW issue. If so, it will point directly/indirectly to the psu.
First check in the bios if the hard drive is getting on the bios. After that, reinstall the BCD. Boot the system using the vista disc and go to the vista setup after POST. Use the repair option and when a system recovery option comes up, open command prompt type "Bootrec /RebuildBcd" without the quotes and press enter.

Last edited:
OP
sxyadii

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
Not getting any output to Monitor, I tried with two graphics card but nothing work.,system is running

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^
Pull out the CMOS battery for a while, make sure the power is off. Reset the bios, from the mother board..?

OP
sxyadii

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
I did it already but nothing works,and it is hard to me remove HD5850 again-n-again to reset BIOS .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U've three RAMs, try one at a time.

The first error may be cause of missing/corrupt system file.
But second and third error can be due to
1>RAM
2>PSU
3>Dead MOBO (No display, happened to me)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^ Not able to get into BIOS,this is problem
Change the sata cables, ports, sata/molex power connector. If it doesn't work despite doing all this, the hard drive is dead. See if you can get through post after physically disconnecting the hard drive from the system. If the system boots through POST without the HD connected, The HD is surely fried. If it doesn't, there could be something else that's a problem. To completely rule out whether the HD is damaged or not, connect the HD on another system and see if it gets detected on another system. If it does, boot to windows, google and download HD tune and run an error scan. If there's no corruption on the HD, the HD is safe.
To isolate and troubleshoot for the rams, google and download memtest 86+. You will get the instructions on how to run memtest with the ISO or google out for instructions. Run the test for 6 hours to completely rule out the ram's instability. If it fails, RMA it.
If either doesn't work, get an obsolete, low powered GPU, connect it and see if you can get the display. If it does, problem is the GPU. If it doesn't, it can be the psu or the DIMM slot of the mobo.
Do note that its best if you do all 3 even if you have found 1 of the hardware components is the source of the problem.
If there is warranty time left, send it for replacement. To be on a safer side for the long term, change the psu.

Last edited:
OP
sxyadii

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
When I put 1 stick of ram and clear CMOS.it started, but after few second,it shutdown...

Anubis

Courage to Know
May be ur problem lies here bro

Asus P5k Premium WIFI-AP Mobo,Intel C2Q Q6600 2.4GHz,
3x1GB DDR2 667MHz, Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 500GB HDD, ]Cooler Master Xtreme 500W PSU
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5, CM Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler..

Its the Cooler Master Xtreme 500W PSU

How on Earth is it suitable for running ATI 5850

OP
sxyadii

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2

3>Dead MOBO (No display, happened to me)

Dont say yaar

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Somehow the computer was running,running well with 2gb,when I want to start with 3gb ,and doesnt start window and it stopped here

*i48.tinypic.com/24ymgxi.jpg

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It should not be in Asymmetric mode.

This mode is equivalent to single channel bandwidth operation for real world applications. This mode is used when only a single DIMM is installed or the memory capacities are unequal. Technology and device width can vary from one channel to the other. If different speed DIMMs are used between channels, the slowest memory timing will be used.

Put your RAMs in alternate DIMMS. 1st and 3rd. Stop using the 3rd DIMM.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
its better if u refer your machine to service center....if its under warranty...
the culprit cud b nething RAM,Mobo,HDD etc

OP
sxyadii

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
It should not be in Asymmetric mode.
Put your RAMs in alternate DIMMS. 1st and 3rd. Stop using the 3rd DIMM.

I did just like you said,I putted 2x1GB stick on 1st and 3rd slot ! PC is running and become slow too ! but I m not able to run window with 3x1GB stick ! how can I run??

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^You know what I suggest, sell those RAM sticks & PSU if ye can, and buy new DDR3 sticks & Corsair 620W or CM 600W PSU. I should run like you've imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom