Pc From Usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

karan_c1990

Broken In
hey guys.. im planning to get a desktop pc from usa soon..

and, i want to use it for mid-end gaming

my budget is like 650 US$
Should i get it customized from Dell or HP or Lenovo or Acer , or i should get it assembled? I was thinking of gettin branded one this time..

can anyone suggest me config etc. Which will fit in my budget ? i need it for games such as nfs carbon, and some fps too.

Karan

help ?

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

There is no point getting a PC in US. Mainly because of the warranty card . If you dont have problems with it. I will give you a config list.

sivarap

In the zone
yeah no point in buying from US. Infact teh shipping will cost u more than u try to save. Get the parts here and assemble. Or pay me...i'll assemble it for u [:D]

Pathik

Google Bot
yepp... getting a duty free :D lappy is easy but a whole pc is another thing...
rather get it from local shops...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yeah, a 2GB RAM Core 2 Duo and 80GB HDD with Vista Basic Dell Laptop is selling for 720$ so that would be a better choice to get :)

T

thunderbird.117

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Yeah, a 2GB RAM Core 2 Duo and 80GB HDD with Vista Basic Dell Laptop is selling for 720$ so that would be a better choice to get :)

80GB?. Even 80 GB is not sufficient. It is better to get 320 GB Hdd.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
^^ u talkin abt 6400 or m1210???

It 6400 ;)

80GB?. Even 80 GB is not sufficient. It is better to get 320 GB Hdd.

Yes, 80GB is kinda on low side but you have take into consideration the OP budget. He said he can spend 650$ so 720$ is some where near. 320GB will put it beyond his limits :)

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^These two laptops are using 320GBs but it aint exactly 1HD, 2x160GB make it 320GB

*h41306.www4.hp.com/section?SID=cfc4a96952462beb132e350b4d9289d6ba8:1223&secid=55802
*h41306.www4.hp.com/section?SID=cfc4a96952462beb132e350b4d9289d6ba8:1223&secid=58305

reddragon

In the zone
u can bring a loaptop from USA , those r really cheap there....or ipods,xboxs,wii but why u want to bring a PC from usa ? what application u want to do so that u think that 'indian' PC cannot ?

i strngly recommend u to buy everything from india ....bring a graphics card from USA .

OP
K

karan_c1990

Broken In
I already got a laptop from there last year ( dell e1505/ 6400) with a high config.

Ok i'll tell u guys what actually happend now, my uncle works there so he's gona send me a gift (free obv lol) , first i thought the PS3 cuz its the ultimate console.. but then i changed my choice to xbox 360 because:-

1) PS3 doesnt hav piracy and i cant afford 3000 RS per game.
2) To play PS3 in HD i need a HDTV whereas to play 360 in HD i just need a normal monitor because 360 supports VGA out.

So then i came to the conclusion to buy a 360 , but then i thought i might get a desktop pc too which may do many more things plus play games, i thought i can get a mid-end pc from there and then upgrade it here later on when i can save up some more cash.

Its nothing like i hate stuff from India, i know everything is available here now esp. Tech stuff.

So what do u guys suggest ? To go for xbox 360?

Karan

napster007

Padawan
definately go for xbox its the best option for a situation like urs. but there are quite a good pc's in us for ur good range. and i dont think hardware will trouble shoot soon. but since ur into gaming-------------- xbox definately.

T

thunderbird.117

karan_c1990 said:
I already got a laptop from there last year ( dell e1505/ 6400) with a high config.

Ok i'll tell u guys what actually happend now, my uncle works there so he's gona send me a gift (free obv lol) , first i thought the PS3 cuz its the ultimate console.. but then i changed my choice to xbox 360 because:-

1) PS3 doesnt hav piracy and i cant afford 3000 RS per game.
2) To play PS3 in HD i need a HDTV whereas to play 360 in HD i just need a normal monitor because 360 supports VGA out.

So then i came to the conclusion to buy a 360 , but then i thought i might get a desktop pc too which may do many more things plus play games, i thought i can get a mid-end pc from there and then upgrade it here later on when i can save up some more cash.

Its nothing like i hate stuff from India, i know everything is available here now esp. Tech stuff.

So what do u guys suggest ? To go for xbox 360?

Karan

If you need X360 you need to mod the consoles to play the priated game.

T

thunderbird.117

karan_c1990 said:
yeah man i have alot of knowledge bout consoles... was just asking what would u do if u were in my position ? :)

I would not trust on a consoles. Why because there are many things to think when getting a console from US. If you face any problems with the consoles you will not able to repair in india. And if you have a modded consoles you have to forgot about warranty.

OP
K

karan_c1990

Broken In
I dont really care about all that, i never faced any problem with any console.. i dont care about warranty too, never needed it for consoles..

xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom