PC for Office work around 15-18K

lutenic

Broken In
I and my family have been relying on my Lenovo Thinkpad for almost 3 years now. But now my Dad needs a dedicated PC for office work.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: This PC will be used for basic office work like Excel, Word, PPTs, Web Browsing with 15-20 tabs, occasionally watching movies (in free time).

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15K (18K max)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 (i have it)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB is more than enough. If possible 1 TB which i can use for back too.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. around 17-18" not much idea what would be the best in this budget! used to had 17" CRT earlier so 17-18" should be fine.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: i had one old HCL Ezeebee system of which only Cabinet, DVD drive, mouse remains! :D

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: this weekend or next weekend

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, i will do it.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Noida - Nehru Place is ideal, But open to Online shopping if its cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I need one stable system which will work as long as it can. It will be used primarily by my Dad who wont tinker much.

I think Pentium G series will be enough but if entry level i3 can be bought then it would be preferred.
Also, please suggest a good UPS and voltage surge protector as my ezeebee died due to voltage fluctuations despite of using UPS(Numeric).

dekaron

Broken In
The first sticky in in this section has the config

i3 not possible since monitor takes nearly 1/3 of budget

Belkin surge protector based on how many sockets you need

or just

APC 600VA UPS

OP
lutenic

lutenic

Broken In
thanks, that config looks good. Removing optical drive brings it to 21K which is over budget. Can u suggest, where can i adjust on budget?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 20k

ProcessorIntel Pentium G 32203,900
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H81M-S13,600
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600MHz2,300
Power SupplyAntec VP350P1,900
CabinetZebronics VENT1,100
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
MonitorDell E1914H 18.5" LED Monitor5,500
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total22,600

APC 600VA UPS -2200,
Belkin 4-Socket Surge Protector -800.

OP
lutenic

lutenic

Broken In
Thanks!, Prices are good on Snapdeal. Will visit Nehru Place this weekend and then compare.

Budget - 20k

ProcessorIntel Pentium G 32203,900
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H81M-S13,600
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600MHz2,300
Power SupplyAntec VP350P1,900
CabinetZebronics VENT1,100
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
MonitorDell E1914H 18.5" LED Monitor5,500
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total22,600

APC 600VA UPS -2200,
Belkin 4-Socket Surge Protector -800.

PentiumD

Broken In
Gigabyte GA-J1800M-D2P-IN Motherboard - Buy Gigabyte GA-J1800M-D2P-IN Motherboard Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

you can buy this motherboard & processor combo which costs 4000 instead of buying a separate mobo & processor. this will surely suit your needs.

Gigabyte GA-J1800M-D2P-IN Motherboard with Intel Dual-Core Celeron J1800 SoC (2.41 GHz)

Top Bottom