PC for animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarundham

Banned
Hi, i am doing animation the institute has given me the following configurations for my pc. Please let me know the price as soon as possible:-

1.Core2Duo(2.6GHz, 1333FSB/4MB)-
2.Intel Motherboard D975XBX2-
3.250GB HDD-
4.2GB RAM-
5.NVIDIA Geforce 8800 Ultra-
6.DVD writer-
7.Digital Tablet-
8.Webcam-
9.Portable HDD-
10.Speakers(2.1)-
11.Gamepad-
12.Cabinet-

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
if u are in animation and can spend some more then go for Quad core... it will be really beneficial for u... and also go with Abit mobos which can be overclocked...

No need of that costly GPU for now as they only help in viewport viewing... u can upgrade that later...

For Digital tablet ... i dont know how much u will need that... go with Wacom... which is one the best tablets... but might be a bit costly... mine one from US costed me 11k...

Also please clarify that whether u need this just for animation or gaming as well..

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
check the price in www.theitwares.com... when u go to buy u will get it for something less than that

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Three things are important for modelling/rendering/animation..........cpu,ram and HDD space. So going with quad core and atleast 4gb ram (64-bit OS is required) would help a lot.

No point in getting ultra, just get 8800gt/9600gt if you want gaming.

Above all get a decent PSU(corsair HX620) and roomy cabby like CM690.

For graphic tablet, there is nothing better than wacom but the size/active area would depend upon your budget.

If you could give us your budget, it would help.

And what about display/monitor???

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Wacom is definatly the best... i m using it for past 1 yr and it is a simply awesome... just remember in India they give only the tablet and the pen with that... in US they give a wireless mouse as well

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I have wacom CTE-640 and I did get the wireless mouse with it. BTW, I bought the tablet from Bangalore as it was not available in kolkata.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^ ok... i got one 9"X11" wacom for designing which was not shipped with mouse in india... so got it from US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom