Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
My cousin wants to buy a new PC with 20k budget. Use would be Internet, Movies, Songs and some gaming (not so important).

preferably branded.

Last edited:

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
This is what I could imagine, a bit more than your friend's budget, but the system is sufficiently powerful with some room left for possible later upgrade. (btw I wont recommend going for branded computer in low budget case)

Component;Make;Cost
CPU;Intel-E4600;5,400
Motherboard;Intel DG31PR;3,500
RAM;1GB -800;1,000
HDD;Seagate SATA 320 GB 7200;3,000
Monitor;"LG/Samsung 17""";5,500
Keyboard + Mouse;Logitec-Set-Optical-Black;750
Cabinet + PS;Any good combination;1,500
Optical Drive;ASUS LS 20x DVD Writer;1,500
UPS;600 VA;1,500
Total Cost;;23,650

sakumar79

Technomancer
I would suggest AMD 4600+ or 4800+ with M2A-VM motherboard instead of Intel based (will cost 1.5k to 2k less)... I think M2A-VM will offer much better on-board graphics than DG31PR... And RAM may be 2x1GB instead of 1GB (you can go for 667MHz RAM instead of 800MHz because it will not be the bottleneck IMHO)...

PS: At budget range, assembled PCs offer more VFM than branded PCs... Only if customer support is essential should you go for assembled PC... Budget branded PCs within 20k range will come with lowend processor, typically outdated motherboards, less RAM (512MB), 80GB HDD and combo drive instead of DVD Writer... If you still want branded PCs, you can choose between companies like Compaq and Lenovo (which offer decent build quality and support) and Zenith and Acer (which offer okay build quality and support, but pricing is more closer to assembled PC)

Arun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom