PC doesnt boot!

G.Ashwinkumar

Broken In
Two days ago I was using windows 8 and it was pretty slow for 4gb ram and struck now and then. Yesterday it became too slow but I didn't install anything so I tried to install windows 7 with the CD.

Everything went well until every time at last when windows has to boot it just keeps blinking or says press OK to .... from CD or DVD even if I press OK nothing happens. So I down. Ubuntu 13.04 I tried Ubuntu I could access files so I installed it after formatting windows drive.(from Ubuntu desk.)

I Gave ext4filesystem and / to mount. I think I made the mistake here instead of giving my 320gb internal I gave sda3 which had my windows, now even Ubuntu doesn't boot automatically if I use my boot able pen drive it says

cannot open root device "null" or unknown block(0,0) error -6
Please append a correct "root=" boot option,.........
Kernel panic - not syncing :VFS: unable to mount .....
I want my data I don't have any backup and want to install Ubuntu is there any possible way or am I too late? Help me.

Oh my god now when I again tried to install windows it says no drives were found.Help me!

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Re: Installation issues,not able to revert!

Try booting from your Windows 7 installation disk and attempt recovery.

Take your HDD to a friend. While his PC is on and running Windows, attach your hard disk. Then, format the partition in which you installed Ubuntu.

Connect your hard disk to your friend's PC while it is powered on and running Windows. then format the partition.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Everything went well until every time at last when windows has to boot it just keeps blinking or says press OK to .... from CD or DVD even if I press OK nothing happens.

Have you installed Windows 7 before?

You should not press OK at that time, it will boot from cd and restart the installation process. Just leave it there, or take out the cd before rebooting and insert again when it prompts.

I guess you messed up with the partitioning by installing ubuntu. Try a full format and install Windows. Or you can try any live distro to check what happened to the disk partitioning. And if possible share the partitioning details with us.

Chances of getting the data back is 1%.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Please discuss here.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/176160-pc-doesnt-boot.html

gameranand

Living to Play
Well if the partition in which your data is there then it can be easily be recovered but you have to do as Harshil said.

OP
G

G.Ashwinkumar

Broken In
Bro I tried to reinstall windows but it says no drives found.No drives show up so how do I format if there isn't anything to do with.Thanks for your reply.

OP
G

G.Ashwinkumar

Broken In

Even that doesn't work windows says not able to fix and I think that currently windows might not exist in my PC I think I formatted c drive while installing Ubuntu.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Oh my god now when I again tried to install windows it says no drives were found.Help me!
You're using MBR partitioning scheme right?

In MBR partitioning scheme, you can't have more than 4 primary partitions.

And if you have more than 4 primary partitions or if those 4 partitions are not occupying the WHOLE diskspace (I mean, unpartitioned space after 4 primary partitions), Windows' installer says no drives were found. I've faced this problem.

Get a live Ubuntu USB - boot through it, open gparted and try deleting the last partition or getting the number down to 4. Or may be, wipe off every partition through gparted.

OP
G

G.Ashwinkumar

Broken In
Bro I tried opening Ubuntu again I'm neither able to try or install it I've already posted what it says. What is part can u explain in detail.

OP
G

G.Ashwinkumar

Broken In
You're using MBR partitioning scheme right?

In MBR partitioning scheme, you can't have more than 4 primary partitions.

And if you have more than 4 primary partitions or if those 4 partitions are not occupying the WHOLE diskspace (I mean, unpartitioned space after 4 primary partitions), Windows' installer says no drives were found. I've faced this problem.

Get a live Ubuntu USB - boot through it, open gparted and try deleting the last partition or getting the number down to 4. Or may be, wipe off every partition through gparted.
Bro I tried opening Ubuntu again I'm neither able to try or install it I've already posted what it says. What is part can u explain in detail.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
'Try Ubuntu without installing' should work. What's happening there?

Try using a new DVD or USB. Get onto the Ubuntu desktop then I'll explain the rest.

Top Bottom