PC Desktop for Office- Budget INR 35K

prakhar18

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Purpose of the desktop is for office. Primarily following softwares will be run: Microsoft office suite. Adobe Suite. Internet browsers- Chrome, Firefox , VLC, Kaspersky Internet Security, etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs 35,000 , will buy from Nehru Place, New Delhi

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Will be running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 , preferably 64bit version.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 19-21 inches.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Will buy all the components.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible, after I get the suggestions .

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes i have assembled, but will get it assembled from the known assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi, Will buying stuff from Nehru Place. Open to Online shops aswell.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Yes, I need the suggestions quickly. Need to buy 3 units of each component.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 34k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i3 41507,000
MotherboardGigabyte B85M-D3H5,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600 MHz
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC3,100
CabinetZebronics VENT1,100
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2216H LED IPS9,000
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
MouseIncluded in combo0
Total34,000

Last edited:

Hrishi

^ No need of 16 GB ram. :facepalm:

4 GB would be more than enough.
Nope. 4 Gigs won't cut it very well on Windows 10 64-bit.
OP is going to use chrome and Office applications such as MS Excel,etc. These are memory hogging applications. IMO, it would be wiser to get more than 4 Gigs. 8 GIGS is recommended.

OP
P

prakhar18

Broken In
Thankyou for your input. Are these the latest configuration and components ?

Also how much will the original Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 cost ?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i am thinking of atleast 8GB of RAM.

Aakarshan

In the zone
I am in the same dilemma as you why can't you try to buy I5 4th gen along with H 81 mobo and cut the cost on the led.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou for your input. Are these the latest configuration and components ?

Also how much will the original Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 cost ?

- - - Updated - - -Buy windows 7,8.1 you can upgrade free to windows 10, and if you don't like the windows 10 you can also revert back to the original os.

yeah i am thinking of atleast 8GB of RAM.
Buy windows 7,8.1 you can upgrade free to windows 10, and if you don't like the windows 10 you can also revert back to the original os.But buying a new windows will end up in costing more to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. 4 Gigs won't cut it very well on Windows 10 64-bit.
OP is going to use chrome and Office applications such as MS Excel,etc. These are memory hogging applications. IMO, it would be wiser to get more than 4 Gigs. 8 GIGS is recommended.
8 GB is pretty standard these days,by buying 4GB a stick he will be ended up in filling one slot of the ram with less amount of ram.

OP
P

prakhar18

Broken In
how much cost difference is there between buying "i5 4th gen along with H 81 mobo" and " i3 4150 and gigabyte B85M-D3H " ?

Aakarshan

In the zone
CPU - I5 4440 - 12,000 Rs.
Mobo - ASUS h81 - 4000 Rs.
Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600 MHz - 3000 Rs.
PSU - Antec VP 500 - 3100 Rs.
Cabinet - Any local cabinet - 500 Rs. (You can buy a better one later)
Internal Storage - WD Blue 1 TB - 3500 Rs.
Monitor - Dell D2015 50.8 cm (20) Monitor - 6000 rs.
Optical Drive - Asus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W - 1000 rs.
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo - 800 Rs.

Total - 34000 Rs.

- - - Updated - - -

You can add a better monitor and cabinet.

Hrishi

I am in the same dilemma as you why can't you try to buy I5 4th gen along with H 81 mobo and cut the cost on the led.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy windows 7,8.1 you can upgrade free to windows 10, and if you don't like the windows 10 you can also revert back to the original os.But buying a new windows will end up in costing more to you.

- - - Updated - - -

8 GB is pretty standard these days,by buying 4GB a stick he will be ended up in filling one slot of the ram with less amount of ram.

Which is obv. why I recommended 8 GIGS at the least.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^ No need of 16 GB ram. :facepalm:
4 GB would be more than enough.

8 is great any work pc
16 is better if programming full stack
work pc benefit more from more cores and more ram. which means AMD is better on cheaper budget.

at our office, 2 yrs back we replaced all machines with 16 gb ram

Aakarshan

In the zone
Hey guys, why the price has bumped up in online stores. Last year I5 - 4440 was available at 12,000 which means 11000 in the local markets,in online stores now at 14,000.

Top Bottom