PC configuration in prior of next gen console

liverpoolfcfan

Broken In
hello guys now E3 is comming and so the next gen console ,so i intend to build a new rig for gamin

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:AAA gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:1,50,000-2,00,000 rs

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Absolutely
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 8 Pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:aroun 260gb ssd for boot device , and 6 tb other drive in raid 10 configuration .

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:KB,Mice,UPS,Cabinet,Speaker

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:in between next 1-2 weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Kolkata, yes, yes.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: as every body know next gen console has AMD configuration , i think next gen game will be well optimised for AMD
from here i think you will get to the point Future-proofing your PC for next-gen gaming • Articles • Eurogamer.net
so i set up a configuration by my self pls give your opinion about this

1. CPU- AMD FX 8350
2. MB - Asus Crossfire v Formula or Formula Z
3. Ram- AMD Radeon Memory Gaming Series( 32 GB Module ,AMD Radeon Memory - Gamer Series)
4. Graphics Card - ASUS Radeon HD 7990 4 WAY CROSSFIRE.( ROG EDITION IS A PRIORITY)
5. Sound Card - Asus ROG Xonar PHOBUS
6. Hard Drive- Intel 525 240 gb , 2tb * 3 WD Cavier Black Edition.

for PSU & HighTower case & Liquid Cooling I need Advise.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
hm ok but 2 * hd 7990 would bottleneck fx 8350

- Can AMD's FX Keep Up With Its Radeon HD 7970? - FX Vs. Core i7: Exploring CPU Bottlenecks And AMD CrossFire

+ crossfire is all about hassals and pain

Gollum

Collector
I hate AMD drivers, always causing issues. I'd go the nvidia way.
Just because new consoles are made around AMD, games for pc are made differently.
you need greater bandwidth for higher graphics details and higher resolutions.
I would go with the titans by Nvidia.

OP
liverpoolfcfan

liverpoolfcfan

Broken In
I hate AMD drivers, always causing issues. I'd go the nvidia way.
Just because new consoles are made around AMD, games for pc are made differently.
you need greater bandwidth for higher graphics details and higher resolutions.
I would go with the titans by Nvidia.

yea i know but in every forum ( like toms hardware,eurogamer) and every other developer are saying that next gen game will be optimised for amd as both now(ps4 & xbox one) will be running in *86 architecture,so now porting game will be less pain in ass.

by the way good pic man .

Gollum

Collector
yea i know but in every forum ( like toms hardware,eurogamer) and every other developer are saying that next gen game will be optimised for amd as both now(ps4 & xbox one) will be running in *86 architecture,so now porting game will be less pain in ass.

by the way good pic man .

they are not the game developers.
you wanna know more. Play Grid2 on your PC, like some games it boasts about IntelHD graphics before the game begins lol
console games are optimized to run good on consoles, on PC they either port it or don't optimize it to the same level.
I would rather buy a PS4 than spend loads on a NEW PC which would occupy so much extra space and eat so much cash at once.
Get the console, buy legit games enjoy the game the way it meant to be played.

OP
liverpoolfcfan

liverpoolfcfan

Broken In
they are not the game developers.
you wanna know more. Play Grid2 on your PC, like some games it boasts about IntelHD graphics before the game begins lol
console games are optimized to run good on consoles, on PC they either port it or don't optimize it to the same level.
I would rather buy a PS4 than spend loads on a NEW PC which would occupy so much extra space and eat so much cash at once.
Get the console, buy legit games enjoy the game the way it meant to be played.
1. you need to understand that i am not talking about prev gen console , i am talking current gen console which both have *86 architecture that makes them a mid range pc, so for the developer it will be less hasstle to port a game on pc
2. they both have 8 core cpu , 1 core will be booked for the os an other will be for multimedia but then there will be 6 core left & developer will want to utilize that full hardware otherwise you not get so many stunning game vissually in pc, thats why in the end of this gen it was a hasstle for developer to make a realy graphically intense game, & currently you will find those multi core cpu in amd & some hexa core in intel premium edition,so game will be processor intensive ,so to keep up pc hardware should also be updated if it want to keep the performance gap with the consoles,as for previoues gen only battlefield 3 utilize 4 core of a cpu, & in that scenario you will find out that 8350 outperformed i5 3570 so as console is the stantard for the dev,so u can expect so many game that will be utilize the multicore of a cpu so currently in the pc market with out amd intel has no answer for this.
3. both those console has 8 gb of ram which will make the pc that minimum 8 gb ram necessary
4.multiplatform game is primarilly optimised for console so you cant dream playing same game in same settings with similar configuaration in a pc which you do in console so if you want to play at least console level u need a better hardware than console.
5. and how can amd be benifited from this ,read this articles
i. AMD builds a game console monopoly | TG Daily
ii. AMD has console gaming in its pocket, but can it squeeze out Nvidia on the PC? | ExtremeTech
iii. Can Console Gaming Save AMD From Collapse? | Advanced Micro Devices,AMD,Sony PlayStation,Microsoft XBOX,Gaming Consoles,Save,Collapse,Editorial,Olin Coles,Sony PlayStation and Microsoft XBOX Gaming Consoles Could Save AMD From Collapse - Editorial by

and finally what you say is not possible because i dont want to give up thefreedom that pc gaming gives me
1. open hardware
2. mod support
3. cheaper game
4. adding what so ever controller
5.no controller is better than keyboard & mice for fps & rpg
6. much richer graphics experience

Top Bottom