PC configuration for 2022

diginovice

Broken In
I am willing to get PC assembled that can last for at least 10 years. Reply to questionnaire is given below.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Will be using the machine for programming with VB and web development.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 50 – 60 k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 and Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 Tb/ 500 GB or both

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: 22 inch monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: NA

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 3 -4 months later

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Probably by assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Yes. Yes

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Fast computer with compatibility with ftth connection.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Why not get a laptop for that config? You'd get a pretty good config for that amount I think.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
PC assembled that can last for at least 10 years.
It won't, nothing does. CPU, RAM, Mobo and PSU with 10+ year warranty would last that long, but you might need to change some part at some point.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 3 -4 months later
No point in asking for suggestions now. We don't know about which parts will be in stock then and their prices. Best way would be to buy it within 2 weeks of getting a good suggestion.

Buy this & be done with it:
acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Rs.99999 Price in India - Buy acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Black Online - acer : Flipkart.com

Otherwise people above have stated some reasons.

Realistically, right now no point in building a budget gaming PC. Think about futureproofing if you have like 3 lakh budget, maybe.

That RTX 3050 laptop should perform similar to a GTX 1650 Super desktop.

mitraark

Decrepit
I5 11400 processor - 15k
Msi h510a pro Motherboard - 5.5k
Gskill 8 GB x 2 RAM - 5.5k
500 GB SSD - 4.5k
GTX 1050ti - 15k
ant 311 Cabinet - 4k
LG 22" monitor - 7.5k

It'll last you 10 years, as in you can comfortably use the PC after 10 years and maybe play some games at low settings with a decent GPU. I have a i5 760 bought in 2010 and it still gives me 100 fps in Valorant with a GTX 750ti.

I5 11400 processor - 15k
Msi h510a pro Motherboard - 5.5k
Gskill 8 GB x 2 RAM - 5.5k
500 GB SSD - 4.5k
GTX 1050ti - 15k
ant 311 Cabinet - 4k
LG 22" monitor - 7.5k

It'll last you 10 years, as in you can comfortably use the PC after 10 years and maybe play some games at low settings with a decent GPU. I have a i5 760 bought in 2010 and it still gives me 100 fps in Valorant with a GTX 750ti.
The laptop I suggested will outperform that PC actually in games, by my estimate about 50-60% faster. CPU comes very close in CPU intensive tasks. At 45W, R5 5600H hits ~9k in Cinebench R23 whereas desktop i5 11400 is over 10k.

mitraark

Decrepit
I have to disagree with that statement. Specs in Laptop may seem as powerful as some of its desktop counterparts on paper, but in real world they barely perform anywhere close. TDPs are locked so they're limited anyways. Due to the compact nature of laptops thermal throttling kicks in a matter of few minutes, and hence they are not as good PCs. A 3060 laptop of a friend of mine barely gives as many FPS as my GTX 1070 in Valorant.

I have to disagree with that statement. Specs in Laptop may seem as powerful as some of its desktop counterparts on paper, but in real world they barely perform anywhere close. TDPs are locked so they're limited anyways. Due to the compact nature of laptops thermal throttling kicks in a matter of few minutes, and hence they are not as good PCs. A 3060 laptop of a friend of mine barely gives as many FPS as my GTX 1070 in Valorant.
If your laptop is thermal throttling, then it's not working as expected in most cases. You can just raise back of the laptop to reduce temps for most laptops. Its not like all laptops are thermal throttling. Cleaning & some thermal repaste will be required after some time. With usage, a desktop's air vents can also get clogged, you have to do some servicing on your own here as well.

My laptop is one of those which throttles out of the box. Most laptops these days don't. Laptops have come a long way but if you look into review by say Jarrod Tech, you can get enough data on what I was saying with laptop performance.

At 30W, my laptop with i7 8750H results in 2.5k points in Cinebench R20. It can get close to 3k with higher CPU power but it throttles at that point, hence the manual limit. Many laptops have 35W or 45W limit for CPU based on their thermals. In case your friend has Asus TUF Dash F15 with quad core CPU, kind of understandable of low fps as Valorant will be more CPU bound because of high fps.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why you are all discussing games when OP doesn't need even a GPU.

Dump the majority of cash on alderlake,

12400 - 20k
ASUS PRIME H610M-E D4 Intel H610 - cheapest mobo i could find, wait for better suggestions. - 7200
CorsairCV550 - 3.8k
CorsairRamDDR4 X 2 = 3190 * 2 = 6.4k
SN570 - 5k
Deepcool D-Shield V2 (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet With Transparent Side Panel (Black) 3.2k. U can compromise on cabinet a bit by going local.

This will give great performance for ~2 years, goodish performance for next 2 years and will be average for the rest of its life. 10 years is too much to ask.

Total = 45.6k

rupeshforu3

In the zone
If you want to buy a PC that can last for atleast 10 years and want to spend 50k to 60k then my suggestions are

1) Buy any latest processor as you like.

2) search for motherboard models which contain asus tuf or gigabyte auros pro.

3) Buy 16 gb high quality ram.

4) power supply unit more than 600 watts and with platinum certified.

5) Buy additional coolers for whole cabinet and nowadays water coolers are available.

6) Use always ups.

If you follow all of the above mentioned rules then your system will sustain for ten years easily.

If you spend 40k to processor only and spend only 10 thousand to 15 thousand it is of no use.

Asus tuf or gigabyte auros motherboards have many heat sinks, voltage regulators for supplying power to processor ram graphics card etc.,.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
reading this thread i realized i have used a computer which i myself assembles for around 12 years till 2020 beginning. its config was:
  • Pentium 4 3GHZ
  • Gigabyte 845 MB
  • RAM initially 128MB X 2 (for some 5 years) & then 1GB X 2
  • a 160GB SATA (boot drive) which when went bad, a 40GB IDE as boot drive & a 500GB SATA
  • a 400w psu which came with zebronics shangrila cabinet
  • Win XP initially and then Win 7 Prof. (with some jugaad as there were no device drivers for anything othar than 2000/XP)

Last edited:
Top Bottom