pc config under 80k for gaming and college works

Honeydew

Broken In
Hey guys i am upgrading my old pc and my budget is 80k

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: playing games like bf4,ac5,watchdogs,cod advance warfare and all uocoming next gen games in 1080p at max settings and also doing college works and occational video rendering.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:80k,cant extend further

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:if possible,yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 8.1 64 bit. i have a install disc for it.so no need to spend money here.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:have 2 tb hdd,no need for more.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:a good above 20" 1080p monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:kb,mouse,ups,sound system

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:end of this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i know how to build a desktop

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:kolkata.open to both locally and online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: please also suggest me a laptop under 80k for the same perposes

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel core i5 4670k-15,500.

Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H -10000,

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz (4GBx2) -5800,

Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,

Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 -3800,

Corsair GS600 -4500,

Dell S2240L LED IPS 22" -8200,

Sapphire R9 290x triX 4GB -35600,

TOTAL -84,500..

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
OP if you are willing to sacrifice on overclocking get
Intel Xeon E3 1225 V3 and Gigabyte GA H87 D3H motherboard. Rest parts same as Deathblade's suggestions. (The GPU will be R9 290 tri x and not R9 290x tri x)

Refer to the PC Buying Guide 2014 By harshilsarma in this forum. For overclockable rig, the one suggested in the guide has more power. Just replace the GPU in the guide with the one suggested by Deathblade.

Last edited:
OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
I can sacrifice the overclock ability...but i was thinking if i can include a gtx 780 within this bidget.rest of the build looks very good...

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Gtx 780 will come around 39k. You will have to sacrifice in processor for that. And also the 290 is more vfm IMO.
If you want to grab the 290 MD Computers is selling it at 32.9 k, which is the lowest price I have seen for the tri x version. And as you live in Kolkata you can get even lower price if you go to the shop. :)

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Thanks for info nomad47...i don't have anything against the r9 290...its just that i want to confirm that i will be able to play all games for 4 years at least...

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for info nomad47...i don't have anything against the r9 290...its just that i want to confirm that i will be able to play all games for 4 years at least...

4 years is a long time buddy. But with lower settings I think you will be good for another 3-4 years or at least the PC gaming community thinks so at present :)

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Now the problem is i cant find xeon processor anywhere in kolkata.....please give me an alternative for that .

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Now the problem is i cant find xeon processor anywhere in kolkata.....please give me an alternative for that .

GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB -33500,
CPU - Intel Xeon E3 1225 v3 -15500, (mdcomputers.in)
MB - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4GBx2) -5800,
PSU - Corsair GS600 -4500,
HSF - Cooler Master Hyper 212X -2700,
CASE - Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 -4600,
DISPLAY - Dell S2240L LED IPS -8200.
TOTAL -80,300.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

Try MD computers. They sell Xeon as far as I know. But I think you will have to pre order it. And try Vedant also.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
OP if you are willing to sacrifice on overclocking get
Intel Xeon E3 1225 V3 and Gigabyte GA H87 D3H motherboard. Rest parts same as Deathblade's suggestions. (The GPU will be R9 290 tri x and not R9 290x tri x)

Refer to the PC Buying Guide 2014 By harshilsarma in this forum. For overclockable rig, the one suggested in the guide has more power. Just replace the GPU in the guide with the one suggested by Deathblade.

there is no reason to go with that xeon at 15.5k as it is just a quad core without the hyper threading. for the xeon, he should choose e3 1230v3 at bare minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB -33500,
CPU - Intel Xeon E3 1225 v3 -15500, (mdcomputers.in)
MB - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4GBx2) -5800,
PSU - Corsair GS600 -4500,
HSF - Cooler Master Hyper 212X -2700,
CASE - Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 -4600,
DISPLAY - Dell S2240L LED IPS -8200.
TOTAL -80,300.

i recommend antec gx700 with that cooler.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
there is no reason to go with that xeon at 15.5k as it is just a quad core without the hyper threading. for the xeon, he should choose e3 1230v3 at bare minimum.

Sorry my bad. I suggested the Xeon thinking about hyper threading only.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Someone Please tell me difference between the 2 xeons and which one should i grab for more vfm!!

xeon e3 1230 v3 or 1245 v3.
xeon 1225 is a quad core without hyperthreading. 1230v3 and 1245v3 has hyper threading. means both are equivalent to an i7.
1230v3 does not have igpu while 1245 v3 has igpu.

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Ok i get it....i should get 1230 v3 cause i am buying a discreet gpu... But what is the price??and where can i get this??md computers only has the 1225 variation!!

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Cant i get it locally in kolkata??cause my credit card recently lapsed.so online buying is now not an option.I said i could by online but its out of option now.sorry for the inconvenience!!

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Cant i get it locally in kolkata??cause my credit card recently lapsed.so online buying is now not an option.I said i could by online but its out of option now.sorry for the inconvenience!!

Go to MD or Vedant. They may be able to procure it for you.

Top Bottom